Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Imperial Suites (Edmonton/Calgary)?

TommyK

Registered
Hi fellow REIN members!
I have recently purchased a condo and I am seeking some options to maximize my returns.

I came across The Imperial Suites in Edmonton. They are one of the largest corporate executive suites providers in Alberta.

To make the long story short, have any of you been a client of theirs as an investor?

What they do is I pay the cost to furnish the place and they take over the management completely. In the end, I just collect pay check (of course less their cost as well).

I talked to a lady who has been a client with The Imperial (and Premier Suites before), and she has nothing but good things to say about the Imperial.

A typical example of a 2-bedroom deluxe suite is:
$110/night x 30 = $3300 monthly rent charged by Imperial
they take 30% cut = 990
cleaning fee = 200
*they pay for internet and cable

So in the end, it is around $2000
(less all utilities) in my pocket. This doesn`t include my initial cost to furnish the condo, however.

It does seem quite lucrative without having to find the corporate clients.

I would like to hear your experience with this kind of investment.

Thanks!

Regards,
Tommy

probhatt

Registered
TommyK,

Could you provide a link or email address for them? I`m interested hearing more about this, and what others have to say.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
be mindful of sustainability of rents (i.e. vacancies) and also of ongoing cost to replace broken toasters, beds, chairs, cutlery, DVD players ... assume 1/3 of initial furnishing costs annually to replace stuff !!

GarthChapman

Registered
Historical vacancy rates in that sector run at around 30% so build that into your financial analysis. The last 2-3 years have been much better but the times, they are a changin`.

TommyK

Registered
QUOTE (GarthChapman @ Nov 3 2008, 09:26 PM) Historical vacancy rates in that sector run at around 30% so build that into your financial analysis. The last 2-3 years have been much better but the times, they are a changin`.

I agree. The changing climate in the big industries will definitely impact on the number of executives needing this type of accommodation. However, I have been told that The Imperial Suites is seeking to house nurses. And that`s another story!

Top Bottom