Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Renewal of Downtown Hamilton

MrHamilton

Registered
(copy-pasted from my website)

Hello Real Estate Investors in Hamilton Ontario!!

Have you been to downtown Hamilton lately? Have people told you that's an area to stay away from? Maybe you should go for a walk of downtown sometime soon with eyes wide open because there's no way you can miss the signs of renewal. But don't take it from me, see what Glen Norton, Director for Downtown and Community Renewal from the Planning and Economic Development Dept. at the City of Hamilton has to say:

(correction: Glen said about there are about 1,000 jobs at MIP but he corrected himself after as the number is closer to 600)

Did you hear what he had to say about McMaster Innovation Park (MIP)? The James North Go Station?? James North/West Harbour as a neighbourhood??? Where will all these MIP employees live???? With rising gas prices I'll bet many will want to live within walking distance to MIP. Might want to check out those nearby neighbourhoods.

Here are some of the items of interest that Glen mentioned on a map:

North is UP!

And don't forget about the renovated Hamilton Public Library and brand new Hamilton Farmer's Market (click here for the previous post)

By the way, have you experienced how friendly and helpful the staff are in Hamilton's Planning and Economic Development Department? I certainly have as any sophisticated real estate investor should. They are key drivers in attracting investment and jobs to Hamilton and we just happen to have an award winning team here in Hamilton (link to article).

Hope that helps! Till next time - happy investing everyone!!

Mike Milovick

Registered
If Hamilton's Planning and Economic Development Department was super sharp, they would partner with MacMaster University and trade in some of the underutilized parking lots that proliferate downtown Hamilton for university re-development opportunities.

That would do a lot more towards revitalizing Downtown Hamilton than renovating a library or installing a farmer's market.

MrHamilton

Registered
Mike, great point and so true, way too many parking lots. That will have to change (and a whole lot of other things) if Hamilton ever wants to become a leading mid-size city in Canada.

Glen did mention to me they are working with Mac U, Mohawk, and Redeemer to build a downtown campus. Of lesser note, Southern Ontario College just opened a student residence at 28 Rebecca, right in the Heart of downtown....

Cheers,

Erwin

Top Bottom