Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toronto Junction: Update on Junction Rail Path

Donal_Ward_McCarthy

REIN Member
Date: Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 2:28 PM
Subject: Railpath update November

Here is an email I got today from Dave Nosella at Parks with a few additional notes from me.

"If you`re in touch with the rest of the group, you can let them know to expect to see the following work completed by Christmas:

- The steps north and south side of Bloor,
- Cleaning and painting of Dupont Street bridge, Bloor bridge is probably next year,
- Light poles and fixtures between Dupont and Dundas installed,
- The inside concrete wall and the ramp fine graded up to Dundas Street,
- Two of the metal sculptures installed for sure, the other two will be installed by March, and
- hoping for the base course of asphalt south of Bloor (Not for certain yet)

Also, I have seen the bollards and signs sitting in the metal shop ready to go for next spring. They look great."

I would add that Solways metals still cant seem to understand that the public owns the land at the end of Ernest Avenue not them but Dave has assured me that the contractor will put the rocks that have been stopping Solways trucks from driving over Railpath land back in place.

Dave also says there will be a spring meeting with Friends of West Toronto Railpath, Parks, and other interested citizens regarding setting up a community stewardship group for WERP.

Cheers, Scott

Top Bottom