Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Travel to REIN ACRE event

TerryKruse

Registered
Hello,
We are flying in to attend the coming BC ACRE event.

How do members usually travel from the airport? It seems that Coquitlam is quite a distance. Do you rent a car or do you taxi? Is there a shuttle?

Thanks in advance.
Terry

vandriani

REIN Member
QUOTE (TerryKruse @ Feb 27 2009, 07:19 AM) Hello,
We are flying in to attend the coming BC ACRE event.

How do members usually travel from the airport? It seems that Coquitlam is quite a distance. Do you rent a car or do you taxi? Is there a shuttle?

Thanks in advance.
Terry

Terry,

I live in Coquitlam so my commute will be quite short but there are a few things to consider in regards to the meeting location.

1. The airport is quite a distance from the Red Robinson Theater. I`d guestimate to say that a cab will cost between $35 - $50.
2. There are no Hotels close to the venue therefore there will be costs involved with getting to and from the hotel. Cab would probably be about $10 - $15 to the Executive Inn.

In light of all those extra costs, I`d suggest that you rent a car. Better yet, hook up with someone else who is coming and share the cost of the either a rental or cab rides.

If you are really in a bind, PM me and I`ll see what I can do

Vince

JunZhang

Registered
Rent a car is probably a good idea, I remember last year I rented a car at budget for around $50 including everything. If you have a capital one credit card, it can save you about $20/day on rental car insurance. I drove to last year`s Quickstart in Calgary. It may work for you if you can hook up with someone in Calgary and share the drive.

Carli

Registered
Definitely rent a car. The Red Robinson Show Theatre is roughly 35 km from the airport, which means you`re looking at a minimum of $50, and that`s if you are able to negotiate a flat rate. If you`re coming to the Friday night meeting you will most certainly not want to be paying at metered taxi to crawl through the eastbound rush hour exodus!

A car will also give you the flexibility to come and go on your own schedule, and to do something interesting Saturday night if you wish.

markl

Registered
Hi Terry,

Last time I was out at Vancouver BC cost me $55 for a cab ride to the executive suites. There are no shuttles and I checked into public transit and you had to take 3 buses to get out there. When do you get in? I know myself and some other REIN members from Toronto are planning to attend. A car will be rented if your there with in the time we are it might make sense to jump in with us. As for getting to the Red Robinson if your staying at the exec suites there are a number of us staying there and I think car pooling will be in order.

Regards,

Top Bottom