US entity registration and changes


New Forum Member
REIN Member
I have a question about US entity registration such as LLLP or LLP. After we register a LLP in the state gov, something could be changed afterwards.
If the partners and percentage shares have been changed, what should we report to the state gov.? When should we do the registration change? If we change several times, do we need to report every time?

Thomas Beyer

Senior Forum Member
REIN Member
Find a firm or person that is knowledgable here and has done it before. $200-$500/change well spent.


Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
Hey Adam
Local legal advice is required.
Filing requirements are determined at the state level and vary somewhat by state and the actual form of Partnership. Usually changes in the Limited Partner must be reported but not changes of General Partners so it can get complicated fast based on the legal structure you are using.