Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Used cupboards wanted

TerryKruse

Registered
I am LOOKING FOR A GOOD set of kitchen cupboards for a small basement kitchen/laundry room. If anyone is renovating and throwing away somewhat good upper/lower cabinets, I would love to look at them (Calgary area).

I have a maximum 60" on a back wall with about 48" on the left hand side (when facing the wall). It would be great if it has some drawers and a small sink cabinet. I have a small budget of about $250.00 as I am not increasing revenue but making it easier on the tenants in this house.

Please call Terry 403-836-7774

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
Don Campbell told us at a recent REIN meeting that Habitat for Humanity has a "Restore" store in most cities, a place that sells used and recycled building materials.

Give Habitat a call to see if there is such a store in Calgary. If not, I am pretty sure you will find a similar store there somewhere. They are becoming very popular.

TerryKruse

Registered
QUOTE (Dan_Eisenhauer @ Oct 13 2008, 10:04 AM) Don Campbell told us at a recent REIN meeting that Habitat for Humanity has a "Restore" store in most cities, a place that sells used and recycled building materials.

Give Habitat a call to see if there is such a store in Calgary. If not, I am pretty sure you will find a similar store there somewhere. They are becoming very popular.

Thanks for your reply.

Prior to posting I visited the Habitat REstore. They had two large sets and they wanted $1000 each which is not in my budget. I also visited a place in Calgary called Tim`s Reusables. They too didn`t have anything suitable for the price they were charging. I am hoping to save some cabinets from the landfill as the home is not really cashflowing and I am only adding additional storage for the tenants.

I did notice that the south store is having a sale and do plan to visit them on Tuesday. I have donated regularly to the ReStores over the last few years and look there every time I do a reno. It does seem to me, that the prices for used items are comparable to the price of new item.

Thanks a bunch, Terry

GarthChapman

Registered
If there is nothing at Habitat`s ReStore then check out Tim`s Reusables at 336B - 35 Ave NE. Phone 403-276-1616.

wealthyboomer

Registered
You can post an ad on Kijiji & Craigslist, in the wanted sections
Also keep an eye on there in the FREE section. This summer there were some cabinets that were in fantastic shape that people were just giving away.

TerryKruse

Registered
QUOTE (wealthyboomer @ Oct 13 2008, 05:57 PM) You can post an ad on Kijiji & Craigslist, in the wanted sections
Also keep an eye on there in the FREE section. This summer there were some cabinets that were in fantastic shape that people were just giving away.

Thanks.

Along with REIN, I put an ad in BuySell, Kijiji and UsedCalgary. I didn`t use Craigslist as the last time I put a rental in there I got a lot of Scam letters. I am trying all avenues.

I appreciate your suggestion though.

Cheers, Terry

Top Bottom