Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VTB Mortgage

Colin Forrest

Investing with Integrity
Registered
Hi All,
Just an hour ago, I reached an agreement on price for a lot that I am selling. I am willing to offer a VTB for the lot. My question is this, under the proposed agreement this would be a second mortgage (I'm assuming I have a second position) if he fails. Is this normal? Any advise would be most welcome.

KeithnCalgary

Mortgage Associate & REIA
REIN Member
Hi Colin
You need to make sure your lawyer does up the paperwork for a proper 2nd mortgage for the buyer to sign at closing. Your lawyer will then register your 2nd mortgage interest on title.

Keith Uthe
REIA

Sent from my GT-N5110 using myREINspace mobile app

Martin1968

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
It seems to me that when you offer VTB in order to sell a property, the purchaser would need to qualify for the first mortgage.
My question is this, are there still lenders out there that allow this? I find many of the traditional lenders don't like the idea of VTB.
I just recently accepted an offer on 2 props and was willing to do a partial VTB for downpayment but the prospective purchaser could not get it done with his lender.

Looking forward to your answers.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Yes a lender has to approve a second and some do it and some do not. Depends on deal, VRB, asset type, asset size, location, rents, upgrade status and operator

Top Bottom