Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Welcome Basket

PWZ

REIN Member
Hi all,

Here's my question regarding the welcome basket. I am trying to find the basket in Dollar store, but they don't carry. Any suggestion on where can i buy these baskets? Also, besides cleaning stuff such as brushes, detergent etc., what else do you usually put in the basket?

Thanks in advance

Penny

bizaro86

Registered
Instead of a basket, I like to put everything in something else that is also useful, like a bucket, cullinder, soup pot, large bowl, etc. It's usually not much more than buying a basket, if you buy whichever of the above is on sale, but then it becomes part of the gift.

I like to do mostly things that are useful (laundry soap, tea towels, etc) and one or two things that are fun (Tim Hortons/Starbucks card). If the tenant has a child, I will always do a small gift (stuffed animal) for the child as well. I like to give that to the Child myself when we enter the suite, I find it makes it easier to do the walkthrough with mom/dad if the kid(s) are happy.

Regards,

Michael

trev

Registered
I get a good potted plant. Something that will stick around for a few months if they tend to it. Costs about $60 and will come in a decent pot that they will probably keep after the plant itself is gone.

I also get them a gift card for $50 that is good at a variety of restaurants. My thought has been to give something they can enjoy. And what better than an excuse to get out of the house for the evening when going thru the mess of moving.

Personally, I don't like the idea of cleaning supplies as a gift. It says "work". Plus, if you are fortunate enough to have tenants moving out the same day new ones come in, it is nearly impossible to clean properly for the new tenant. So it's like, "I didn't have time, you do it"

And the best part is, I don't do a thing. The florist I use supplies the plant, buys the gift card, adds a card from me that says "Thank you for making my house your home" and delivers it.

Top Bottom