Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What are the property management costs for renting a basement suite in Ottawa?

Michael Arthur

REIN Member
I would like to know what is the going rate for property management fees to manage a basement suite rental in the Ottawa area.

Thanks!

invst4profit

Registered
It will depend alot on how many total units they manage for you. One basement unit isn't really worth the effort for most companies to undertake.

durhamhome

Registered
The best guy to talk to in the Ottawa area is Rich Danby. [email protected]. In my region, most PM's will do the job effectively for 10%, though there may be a fee for finding the tenant. You might be able to just have someone place the ad and do the tenant search and that will likely cost you in the ballpark of 1 month's rent.

But for anything specific to that area, I'd speak to Rich.

He also runs an investment group in that area that won the Canadian Real Estate Wealth magaine's Investment Club of the year award for 2014.

http://www.oreio.org/whatsnew

I am confident that you will not only get the answers there to solve your questions, but actually network with some future power team members for your investment business. Good luck.

eddyb1978

Registered
Ongoing should range between 8 to 12% of gross rent.

Half to a full month rent commission for finding the initial tenant.

Good luck,

--

cleardot.gif
Eddy Boudiwan

President

Real Estate Rangers & Taft Forward Management Joint Venture

250 Davisville Ave, Toronto, ON M4S 1H2, Canada

Email: [email protected]

d-color: white;">Cel: 647-218-7925 Fax : 416-482-8010

Over 1400 Apartments under management and growing.

Fully structured & managed Real Estate Investments. Canada/USA

www.realestaterangers.ca www.taft-forward.com

Top Bottom