Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What is the ultimate source of busines, real estate, personal and life success?

Ian

Registered
Hello
I want to steer away from all the negative political goings on recently in our country and focus on success and how each and everyone of us can reach success.

What is the single most determining factor in the long-term success of your busines, life etc? Is it:
  • the economy?
  • your marketing expertise?your skill set?how many people you know?
What I have come to understand is that:

Your success boils down to what is taking place in your own mind.

I have read through Michael Losier`s work and am excited to hear Philip McKernan speak next week in BC.

The reason am I writing this note is because I am challenged with the "practice of mindfulness" and was wondering if any REIN members have any suggestions--books, videos or simple "how to " techniques to help me further my successes and those of others.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Ian Dunsmuir

RedlineBrett

Registered
I attribute my current level of success to three things:

1. Have systems for EVERYTHING. It is said that the US army has procedures for everything they have ever had to do twice, and I try and do the same. When you are taking on a new project or looking to become efficient at one you already have do your research to find out who is the best at this and do YOUR best to emulate them. Have an "operations manual" for your business that you are constantly fine-tuning or adding things to as you grow.

2. Time blocking. If things are falling through the cracks consistently or if you are constantly stressing over "when you are going to get things done" then you need to commit time to them. Open up your calendar and devote time to these things and then protect that time. Going to take you an hour to research new rents for an upcoming vacancy? Well put it in your calendar and stick to it. What this does is allow you to relax when you aren`t working because you know you have booked time to do those things you haven`t addressed yet! When I first committed to this it was like I had a lead backpack taken off my shoulders... try it!

3. "Getting things done" by David Allen Hello
I want to steer away from all the negative political goings on recently in our country and focus on success and how each and everyone of us can reach success.

What is the single most determining factor in the long-term success of your busines, life etc? Is it:
  • the economy?

[/i]

I have read through Michael Losier`s work and am excited to hear Philip McKernan speak next week in BC.

The reason am I writing this note is because I am challenged with the "practice of mindfulness" and was wondering if any REIN members have any suggestions--books, videos or simple "how to " techniques to help me further my successes and those of others.

Ian Dunsmuir

mcgregok

Registered
QUOTE (Ian @ Dec 4 2008, 03:31 PM) Hello

• the economy?

Ian Dunsmuir

Good sound knowledge followed by a plan has always kept me ahead of the game. From reserch I know that good times are comming in 3 - 4 years. I believe it.

jamiec

Registered
QUOTE (Ian @ Dec 4 2008, 05:31 PM) Hello

• the economy?

Ian Dunsmuir

Hi Ian,

3 things. Knowledge, Planning & Action.

Mindset is key but you can`t affirm your way to success. You have to get out there and take action.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
dreaming, planning .. action !

many other things are required for success too:

the right team: get the right people on the bus, and the wrong ones off the bus.
the right internal motivation
the right spouse / partner
luck helps
timing
ongoing refinement
going teh extra mile / giving the extra 10% .. more here on that:
http://myreinspace.com/public_forums/General_Discussion/61-3347-5_ways_to_make_money.html

paying people well
motivating people (and this means understanding what motivates them)
perseverance
education, ongoing / sharpening your saw
calculated risk taking
sales skills
writing skills
speaking skills
good health / physical well being
focus on a higher being / God .. not just self
hard work
a good night`s rest / napping / pacing oneself
vacation once in a while
determination
being thankful
planing with room to adjust with new facts or opportunities that arise
having fun
curiosity
ability to discern between major issues and minor ones (don`t major in minors)
positive attitude, within a realistic worldview without illusions
a clear definition of success for self

invst4profit

Registered
For myself the key to success at anything is Knowledge.
I immerse myself in learning every possible aspect of the subject.
I learn by active participation at every level.
If the subject sustained my interest I determine where I want to go with it.

When I am ready to move forward I do not believe I will succeed I know I will succeed.

Knowledge of oneself.

Top Bottom