Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

When is the best time of the year to invest?

MatPiche

Registered
The most common question that I get asked by my clients and investors is "when is the BEST time of the year to invest?" Click on the link below and I'll tell you when, and why in less than 2 minutes. Check it out!

Click HERE To Watch The Video!

Rickson9

Registered
The best time of the year to invest is the time when the individual can evaluate the value of a financial asset.

That took about 2 seconds.

MatPiche

Registered
Haha, thanks Adam!

Rickson9, you're right that you can find great properties all year (if that's the point you're making), however, I've found that sellers to be more desperate during the winter months and are likely to accept a "lower" offer, that was the point of the video. You can go back to trolling now :)

bizaro86

Registered
[quote user=MatPiche]Haha, thanks Adam!

Rickson9, you're right that you can find great properties all year (if that's the point you're making), however, I've found that sellers to be more desperate during the winter months and are likely to accept a "lower" offer, that was the point of the video. You can go back to trolling now :)

Just because you don't agree with Rickson's perspective doesn't make him a troll.

Regards,

Michael

alaas1977

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Hi guys

I also agree with "anytime is best", however we have also found that winter seems to be the best time to get a lower price especially on vacant properties in which the owner is stressing over the utility bills.

TangoWhiskey

Registered
So far I've never actually bought a deal outside winter. I think winter is pretty great for finding bummed out sellers who want out. I especially like bank sellers who foreclosed in fall and are trying to sell in winter. There is no end to ways to renegotiate deals in winter with bankers, especially the day before you have to waive conditions. That's always good for squeezing a few more 000's out of them.

Then you close, do the reno's and put the units on the market in spring. Works like a charm.

flyingsquirrel

Registered
Also note that most contractors have no projects during winter time.

You can get a lower qoute for projects in winter.

jasonpeters

Registered
Buying a house is likely to be the largest and/or most important investment you will ever make. Getting the timing right can help you save money and hassle. The busiest time in the real estate calendar is spring, and this can mean a lot of new properties are put on the market. There are other good times of the year to buy, and you may need to think about when the best time is for you personally.

Watch housing prices: What is the market like in the area where you want to make a purchase? If prices are increasing, you may need to buy soon.
Tax credits and interest free loans: First-time buyers in the U.S. who invested in homes between April 9, 2008 and July 1, 2009 were entitled to a 15 year interest-free government loans of up to $7,500.
Mortgage down payments: Most mortgage lenders require a buyer to put down 20 percent of the price. Do you have the down payment right now? Would friends or family be willing to offer you a loan? If the answer is no, then now is not a good time for you to buy.
What is your credit rating?: In 2007, a buyer could get a mortgage with a much lower credit rating than he could in 2009. How good is your credit rating? Is there a way that you can improve it?
px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; color: #5f5046; font-weight: bold; font-family: Verdana; text-decoration: none; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: #ffffff; clear: none;">

Have you been bankrupt recently?: Mortgages are nearly impossible to get if you have been bankrupt within the past 3-5 years.
Look at mortgage rates: Shop around for the best mortgage rates available. Most buyers will be looking for a 30-year mortgage, and local banks can give competitive rates.
Timing and seasons: Spring is always the busiest time of the year. There will be more houses for you to see, and sellers may be vying for your offer. On the other hand, other buyers may be interested in a property you really like. July is the busiest time for movers and shippers and they often hike up their rates. Real estate agents will be busier in spring than at any other time of year and this may cause delays for buyers. Delays in closing may in turn lead to higher interest rates charged to the buyer. Christmas time can be a great time to make an offer for a property, because sellers tend to be more flexible and may be more generous. Fewer people are likely to be looking at property over the holidays, so you could benefit from having no competition for your dream home.

Top Bottom