Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Where can I find assignment form?

LillianHo

Registered
I need your help on this subject. I own a pre-sale townhouse in Surrey, and I can make some money on because of buy low from the builder. The T/H will be complete in the end of this month. I have somebody interested to buy. Which legal form do I need between me and the new buyer? Could you tell me the detailed information on how to complete this whole transaction between me, the builder and new buyer? The new buyer will pay the GST when he complete right? This is the first assignment deal for me. Please help!

gwasser

Registered
QUOTE (LillianHo @ Feb 1 2010, 09:29 PM) I need your help on this subject. I own a pre-sale townhouse in Surrey, and I can make some money on because of buy low from the builder. The T/H will be complete in the end of this month. I have somebody interested to buy. Which legal form do I need between me and the new buyer? Could you tell me the detailed information on how to complete this whole transaction between me, the builder and new buyer? The new buyer will pay the GST when he complete right? This is the first assignment deal for me. Please help!

Did you already take possession?

LillianHo

Registered
No, I haven`t. Thanks. QUOTE (gwasser @ Feb 1 2010, 08:43 PM) Did you already take possession?

gwasser

Registered
QUOTE (LillianHo @ Feb 1 2010, 10:48 PM) No, I haven`t. Thanks.

If you have no possession, you cannot really sell it. Unless the current owner/developer allows you to assign your purchase contract to another party or if you had written on the original purchase you contract that you or a nominee would be the buyer.

I am not a lawyer and this is only my opinion. Others may see it differently. I would talk to the expert, your real estate lawyer before you act.

LillianHo

Registered
I had an agreement with developer ( builder) that I could assign to the third party, and the assignment fee is $2000. The reason I want to assign now is I would avoid the GST and transfer tax. Do we have assignment form on REIN forms? If somebody have done the condo assignment before, I want to get your opinion on how should we do the contract. Thank you for your help.

QUOTE (gwasser @ Feb 2 2010, 09:44 AM) If you have no possession, you cannot really sell it. Unless the current owner/developer allows you to assign your purchase contract to another party or if you had written on the original purchase you contract that you or a nominee would be the buyer.

I am not a lawyer and this is only my opinion. Others may see it differently. I would talk to the expert, your real estate lawyer before you act.

gwasser

Registered
QUOTE (LillianHo @ Feb 2 2010, 10:58 AM)
I had an agreement with developer ( builder) that I could assign to the third party, and the assignment fee is $2000. The reason I want to assign now is I would avoid the GST and transfer tax. Do we have assignment form on REIN forms? If somebody have done the condo assignment before, I want to get your opinion on how should we do the contract. Thank you for your help.

Here is the link to REIN's form library: http://myreinspace.com/downloads/critical_forms/m/default.aspx where you are likely to find the form you need.

Top Bottom