Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Where in U.S. to spend the winter months?

clstevens

Registered
I am considering buying a place in the US to live for 6 months out of the year during the winter. I don`t expect this property to cash flow when I am not there but if that happens it would be nice.
My questions are:
1.Do you know a REIN mortgage broker who specializes in working with Canadians buying in the US?
2. What other places besides Arizona would be desirable? I like Hawaii, Southern California and Florida, basically I like the ocean but not keen on the hurricanes or earthquakes. If you have any sugggestions as to where else might be good that I am not thinking of I would be happy to know about it.
3. Has anyone had first hand experience buying a vacation home in the US? Is there a website you would recommend with information for Canadians thinking of buying in the US?

From what I am reading and from what I understand it is still perhaps a good idea to wait before making a purchase in the US as prices are expected to drop further. Is this the general consensus?

Thanks in advance.

Cari-Lee

Top Bottom