Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Where to obtain Free housing history, housing comparison report

ottawaman

Registered
Hello again, hope everyone had a good Canada day long weekend. As for myself, I was busy because i just bought 3 books about real estate investing (2 don campbells and 1 peter kinch) all recommended by REIN members.

My question is, is there a website that gives out FREE housing comparison, or pricing comparison?...one that you could input an address and it gives out pricing information on the previous similiar houses that were sold in that area?

I know real estate agents are capable of doing this...in fact i called up one, (according to their website, they are giving free reports) but their first question was, "whats in it for them?" and after that, they seem reluctant to help me....

The main reason is that a friend of mine is selling her house, and I was thinking of buying it ...just want to make sure the price is right...

any suggestions?

RedlineBrett

Registered
Nothing in this world is free.... There is such a database - MLS.ca. It is not cheap to update or maintain. All realtors have access and if you plan on being an investor you`ll likely want a realtor on your team anyway. They`ll send you the data you`re looking for for free most likely. I do it all the time for clients here in AB. They might not buy now but may sell or buy a year from now and it`s in my best interests to keep them happy and form a mutually beneficial relationship.

You need to develop a relationship like this with a realtor. If you are expecting a freebie and go about it like you just posted no realtor will help you because you are right - there is nothing in it for them.

If you want to know what the property is worth and you aren`t willing to work with an agent you`ll have to pay a few hundred bucks and get it appraised. Get the seller to split this with you.

ottawaman

Registered
QUOTE (RedlineBrett @ Jul 5 2010, 12:34 PM) Nothing in this world is free.... There is such a database - MLS.ca. It is not cheap to update or maintain. All realtors have access and if you plan on being an investor you`ll likely want a realtor on your team anyway. They`ll send you the data you`re looking for for free most likely. I do it all the time for clients here in AB. They might not buy now but may sell or buy a year from now and it`s in my best interests to keep them happy and form a mutually beneficial relationship.

You need to develop a relationship like this with a realtor. If you are expecting a freebie and go about it like you just posted no realtor will help you because you are right - there is nothing in it for them.

If you want to know what the property is worth and you aren`t willing to work with an agent you`ll have to pay a few hundred bucks and get it appraised. Get the seller to split this with you.

Thanks for this insight.

Top Bottom