Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why joining REIN was the best desicision of my life

housingrental

Registered
I just wanted to take a minute to help out anyone wondering if joining REIN is for them.

Some recent posts have been linking to posts on reasons why and why not to join REIN.
As one of the contributors to those posts almost three years ago (prior to joining REIN but as a non member user of this forum) I was very cynical.
Most other real estate organizations I`ve looked to seemed to be very poor value, provide questionable information, be USA focused, or even to be near-scams.
To my eyes at the time the confusing, high impact marketing material, and lack of meaningful discussion on the negatives of joining REIN on the message boards, only raised my suspicions of REIN further.

Prior to joining I had investments in 45 units, owned a property management company servicing other owners, and had a wide range of real estate experience for many years. I had seen a lot. I hadn`t seen it all.

After attending the quickstart (now ACRES) event almost two years ago I could tell REIN was different.
The content provided is thorough, exceptional, and unbiased. The ranges of topics relating to real estate is not only impressive it`s unparalleled - from taxation, legal, financing, marketing, business systems, etc .. The benefits of membership almost two years into the experience keep building on top of themselves. REIN not only provides an eye opener - a wide perspective on real estate and related investment topics - but a detailed system on how to create, finance, oversee and operate a real estate investment business... and its applicable whether your focus is on your first property or your hundredth. I was concerned about having to pay for 17 months initially... now after this time I can`t imagine ever not being a member again.

What has my return been? It`s impossible to put an exact number on it. I can say for certain the knowledge I`ve gained and people I`ve met through being a member just over the last two years, and the actions I`ve taken because of it will likely increases my net worth by hundreds of thousands.

For what I can see the gains moving forward from being a member of REIN will only increase - everything keeps building on itself.

HOWEVER

Membership is only a benefit if you TAKE ACTION. Providing a tool set and opportunities to work won`t help you one bit if you aren`t willing to do work, and commit funds to a property.

Although all the REIN staff I`ve encountered have been helpful I`d like to take this opportunity to give a special thanks to Ray Reuter. From his varied expertise on real estate systems, his irreproachable ethics, to his unique expertise on insect analysis I just wouldn`t be as much of a person without you.

Ray thank you for all your help and kindness, you are truly an inspiration. I appreciate you.

Sincerely,
Adam

gwasser

Registered
I would like to add my voice to Adam`s.

REIN helps me to learn of and stay in touch with everything that really counts in real estate and real estate investments.

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Jan 24 2010, 06:09 PM) Ray thank you for all your help and kindness, you are truly an inspiration. I appreciate you.

I second that, even tho Ray labelled me a trouble maker and `outsider` at the recent Alberta all day workshop

Ray`s the real deal, laid back, down to earth and informative.

tahani

REIN Member
Adam, I totaly agree with all that you said.
There is no other organization/network out there that gives to you as much as REIN does.

REIN changed my life too. Thank you Don, Russell, Patrick and the whole REIN team.

Cargren

REIN Member
Excellent post, Adam!

I would like to add my voice. REIN gives solid and real up to date education in RE investing.

Just one example: due to the info and tools provided on "how to get banks to say yes" I very much doubt I would have know how to qualify for some 11-14 mortgages since my first Quickstart weekend.

Thanks, Don and all the rest of you REIN peoples!!

markl

Registered
I would like to echo those thoughts shared.

And say I think we need an everybody loves Ray section on the forum

mattrussell

Registered
Adam,

Are you saying one should only join REIN if they have capital to invest? Do you need money to make money?

- Matt

QUOTE (markl @ Jan 25 2010, 12:48 PM) I would like to echo those thoughts shared.

JimWhitelaw

Registered
QUOTE (mattrussell @ Jan 25 2010, 03:55 PM) Are you saying one should only join REIN if they have capital to invest? Do you need money to make money?
I used to think that and it held me back for a long time. I was convinced that it wasn`t possible to get positive cash flow without investing huge amounts of cash and so I never pursued real estate investing for probably two decades while I saved up money and invested in other vehicles with seemingly lower barriers to entry. If I`d known then what I know now I would not have waited...

The truth is you don`t need a lot of your own money to make money in real estate. It helps for sure, and so does having a good job and a great credit rating. But the lack of all of those can be overcome by people with determination. If you don`t have your own money to invest then you need to either find a way to partner with someone who does have it or find a way to acquire properties without a cash investment. Many, many REIN members have done this.

My recommendation is that if you don`t have enough cash to purchase real estate now, invest some time and money in your education and learn the techniques that many REIN members have used to purchase property without using their own money. If you don`t join REIN, at least read some books and complete a home study course or two. The REIN ACRES program and JV Secrets program are both valuable.

housingrental

Registered
Hi Matt

It is possible to invest in real estate without funds, but very hard and unlikely for most people.
Generally you`ll need cash - be it in bank - or more often equity in your current house (NA for you right?) by tapping into that to fund an investment purchase. The REIN JV model essentially allows you to provide your service expertise to an investor who would front cash. This is not a suitable path for many and especially so if you don`t have experience and a tract record.

Should you join REIN?

Will you be in a position to guide the purchase of investment properties in the next few years?

QUOTE (markl @ Jan 25 2010, 02:48 PM) I would like to echo those thoughts shared.

Top Bottom