Window estimates

kir

Registered
Hi, I prepared a few window estimates for my bilevel.
For 7 windows (with one huge living room window), exterior capping on all windows, the price was a little less then 4000 bucks.
It`s not too bad! I would like to do the exterior capping, which is something I can`t do. But doing window inserts are certainly doable.

For those that had windows done in the past few months, who did you use and did you find it reasonable?

Kir.

terri

Registered
QUOTE (kir @ May 1 2009, 01:12 PM) Hi, I prepared a few window estimates for my bilevel.
For 7 windows (with one huge living room window), exterior capping on all windows, the price was a little less then 4000 bucks.
It`s not too bad! I would like to do the exterior capping, which is something I can`t do. But doing window inserts are certainly doable.

For those that had windows done in the past few months, who did you use and did you find it reasonable?

Kir.

I just had 7 windows replaced last week, including ext capping on all windows that price came to just under $4000 including tax.

Not sure I understand your post completely, are you asking if you should do your own installation and just pay someone else to cap it?

I guess that`s up to you, how good experienced you are at window installation, how fast you are and what value you put on your time.

watching my window installer work, he checked things that I wouldn`t even think of checking. I know that those windows won`t just be level and air tight, but that they are installed in a manner that the opening mechanisms will work perfectly and not jam or breakdown soon because of too much spray foam etc. I say hire a professional.

Terri

kir

Registered
Thanks,

I`m located in Edmonton.
Terri, what is the name of your window installer? I`m still seeking bids from numerous installers. The purpose of the post was to see
what is a reasonable price for windows.

I can install inserts, but capping is not something I want to do. Some windows are just too heavy and yes I would rather pay for professional help.

Kir

RobM

REIN Member
QUOTE (kir @ May 4 2009, 08:17 AM) Thanks,

I`m located in Edmonton.
Terri, what is the name of your window installer? I`m still seeking bids from numerous installers. The purpose of the post was to see
what is a reasonable price for windows.

I can install inserts, but capping is not something I want to do. Some windows are just too heavy and yes I would rather pay for professional help.

Kir
We are also looking to have two windows replaced, and a sliding door in Edmonton. Any good references would be appreciated.

Rob