Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Working with ACN - Does it Really Save on Utilities?

RE123RE

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Hi,
I met an investor in a real estate event in Ontario, Canada, Earth.
He told me his friend who has 2 apartment buildings is saving money simply by working with ACN.
I think a company affiliated with ACN is providing his friend electricity and gas services instead of the previous company whoever it was, say Hydro One.
Sounds interesting especially if you have many units.. even saving $1000 a month on 50 units, doing nothing, is Very nice.
Does anyone have experience working with ACN or heard about them?
How does it work? and perhaps most important - what's the catch, if there is any?
Thanks

SVS

Realtor/Investor K-W-C and surrounding area
REIN Member
ACN is a network marketing company that specializes in services and utilities. I found they generally charge more than most companies, but as employee you get a percent of everything you sell monthly. IE 1% of gross sales or something along those lines also a lot of there services are not available in most places. In that regard you can sell yourself everything and make a commission, also you could potentially push it on all your tenants and collect from them as well.

RE123RE

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
they generally charge more
Hi,
Why would anyone switch from their current local Canadian provider to ACN if they "charge more"?
Not questioning your input just trying to understand the bottom line better - worth it or not?
Sounds like you never worked with them yourself. Your feedback is appreciated.
Thanks

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Never ever lock in utilities. Like mortgages, long term rates are ALWAYs more expensive as they have to pad the rates fro an unknown future. Always go variable.

ALWAYS.

RE123RE

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Hi,
Today most investors actually prefer 3-5 years term fixed mortgage interest rates over variable although variable is available/an option for 1-4 units properties.
Thanks

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Hi,
Today most investors actually prefer 3-5 years term fixed mortgage interest rates over variable although variable is available/an option for 1-4 units properties.
Thanks
Oh sure .. Why pay less ?

Cory Sperle

REIN Member
Variable is the only way to go on residential. They force you to go fixed with commercial. I don't do utility contracts either.

SVS

REIN Member
Hi,
Why would anyone switch from their current local Canadian provider to ACN if they "charge more"?
Not questioning your input just trying to understand the bottom line better - worth it or not?
Sounds like you never worked with them yourself. Your feedback is appreciated.
Thanks
As I said you get a discount as an employee, most people who use them work for them. Or maybe you're doing a friend a favor. I worked for them in the past that's how I know. Got out because I was not actually doing anyone a service just basically charging them more for services already available and making a monthly premium, there are better ways to make money. But if your friend owns multiple building maybe the math makes sense.

RE123RE

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
As I said you get a discount as an employee, most people who use them work for them. Or maybe you're doing a friend a favor. I worked for them in the past that's how I know. Got out because I was not actually doing anyone a service just basically charging them more for services already available and making a monthly premium, there are better ways to make money. But if your friend owns multiple building maybe the math makes sense.
Hi,
Excellent feedback Mr. Sedore. Do they cover most of Canada say 90% including smaller cities or only a small part of Canada say 10% which includes mainly big cities?
Thanks

SVS

REIN Member
They basically back pack of off other companies so t depends who they are backpacking off. You would have to look, I lived outside GTA and found it useless except for bell http://myacncanada.ca/index.html

Top Bottom