Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Radical changes coming for CREA

JDaley

Registered
QUOTE (JohnS @ Nov 16 2010, 02:59 PM) However, he keeps writing as if he knows everything, and as if they`re facts that the stupidest person should understand. But, they`re not facts at all, and merely his opinions. And when people disagree with his opinions, he takes it as a personal attack, and then `responds`, as he sees it, `in kind`. JohnS

I don`t ordinarily respond to your emails, but I wish you (and gweiser) would just stop taking cheap shots at me. I post views and if you disagree, you shouldn`t attack the person because of it. This whole thread has devolved into Realtors vs JDaley and the public ? Lets get back to the point, can we ?

Regarding my deleted posts, the post above is exactly the same as the one I posted earlier (deleted). I`ve had a thread regarding Low Costs Realtors deleted, then reposted again, nothing offensive about it except a list of low to no cost realtors. And I can`t seem to find it again ? Weird.

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (JDaley @ Nov 16 2010, 03:47 PM) Not quiet, more likely to do with the person complaining to REIN - not the content (as I`m told). I`m surpised my other messages haven`t yet been deleted (bad for business I guess - upset brokers) and I noticed the REINTeam isn`t on today, so look for these posts to be deleted sometime soon

Fair enough. I`m not judging your comments, merely noting that its hard to follow the conversation because its not all here. And there have undeniably been gray area comments made by both sides of this particular debate.

This seems like one of those things where two parties might just have to agree to disagree, and take the future as it comes.

Michael

***Walks away and tries to resist this thread in the future

JDaley

Registered
QUOTE (bizaro86 @ Nov 16 2010, 04:02 PM) This seems like one of those things where two parties might just have to agree to disagree, ...

Yes, I agree!

REINteam

Registered
Just a heads up that topics/posts are deleted that are considered pointless to the conversation and the forum. Sure, pointless is a broad term and subject to who is reviewing...but I personally deleted posts from this thread that were clearly meant to attack and instigate. And yes, the moderators weren`t on today, but I`m poking my head in now to make it clear that posts will be edited and/or deleted if they add zero value to the topic.

Clearly this is a hot button issue for both sides, please respect the forum guidelines and each other.

RedlineBrett

Registered
QUOTE Not sure why my original post was deleted (other than Brett whining to REIN from what I hear), however not everyone reads your posts - your views are considered biased, after all you are a realtor. The fact of the matter is brokerage fees will be far different in a few years than now – across the board. The CB kicked up such a firestorm that every tom, dick and harry and his grandma are now enquiring about low cost realtors or listing on the MLS for a nominal fee ($500 or FREE in TO). Few people will be willing to pay $30,000 when they know they can get the same traffic through their home by simply listing only on the MLS, and without the added pressure of a realtor to sell low.

I have nothing to fear of you and other than the one post I made (which was deleted) I`m not the one making things personal. The REIN guys chewed me out for that one just like I`m sure you got an earful. I think REIN actually likes you because they haven`t banned you yet.

QUOTE Never heard of professional negotiators– ridiculous.

Neither have I, though boomer would have us believe lawyers are professional negotiators.

QUOTE I find this statement funny, since as you recall I specifically directed this adjective (mis-information) to you not long ago and here you are attacking Wealthyboomer with it - incredible.

I was hoping you`d pick up on that one actually. If you`re going to accuse me of spreading `mis-information` then you and your allies can answer for the same.

QUOTE Look, low cost realtors are here to stay - and those of you who say that the low cost business model is not sustainable aren`t being honest; if so then why is 2% Realty the fastest growing mid-size company in Alberta in 2009-2010, spotlighted by the Calgary Herald recently and covered by the CBC and the CTV ? Why are the 0.5% and 1% commission realtors growing rapidly. The fact is that more and more people are cluing into the fact (thanks to the CB) that posting a sign on your lawn, and listing on the MLS for $500 or FREE in TO + lawyer is all you need to sell a home. Its not business as usual, and making such claims is both counter-productive and misleading, especially since everyone I`ve spoken to recently regarding real estate are enquiring about low fee realtors. And for real-estate investors (I`m assuming REIN has thier interests in mind and not the realtors) this is a good thing. Now of course this post will be deleted shortly, so enjoy it while you can

I have worked with the firm you mention. Many of their sellers are still offering 3.5/1.5 on the selling side just thier listing fees are 1%. That, to me, is business as usual. You haven`t used a realtor in years so you wouldn`t know but this kind of fee is common in Calgary and has been for years with anyone but the big box guys. There is even a 1% realty if you look hard enough.

Am I working on a fee for service model? Yes I am because that`s the new buzzword and is the real estate flavor of the month with the news picking up on it like you describe. Drive by my office on 17th in a few weeks or check my website. Will I make less money? Hardly, I`ll be stealing from the old guard same as 2% is, but I`ll never take a listing that doesn`t offer 3.5/1.5 on the selling side because like Lucky says, people sell houses not websites and that`s where all the work is.

RedlineBrett

Registered
QUOTE (fumbrunner @ Nov 16 2010, 09:09 AM) I think there should be some give an take on both sides. The truth is that reality will fall somewhere in the middle. Low cost listings will be more prevelent, no question. But the market for those will be smaller than most realize. For real estate investors, who know the market, their properties and have the time to look after showings, paperwork, etc, it is a great opportunity. Having said that, the do-it-yourselfer will likely be small in numbers. Not only that, but I forsee the seller paying a 2% commission to the buyers agent anyways.

Let`s acknowledge what it is. There will be changes. There will be all sorts of different options for listing properties. But it won`t be as revolutionary as some think and many, many people will continue to use the services of a realtor particularly on the buying end.

Great post, and likely quite accurate.

RedlineBrett

Registered
QUOTE (JDaley @ Nov 16 2010, 04:07 PM) Yes, I agree!

I will agree with Michael on this one

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (RedlineBrett @ Nov 16 2010, 04:31 PM) I will agree with Michael on this one

Clearly I should get some sort of "post of the day/week/year" award for getting JDaley and Brett to both agree to the same statement.
(Even if not explicitly agreeing with each other
)

Michael

wealthyboomer

Registered
QUOTE (RedlineBrett @ Nov 16 2010, 03:49 PM) I guess this guy can help you when you decide to buy a home in Australia.

I`ll consider it, thanks.

JDaley

Registered
QUOTE (RedlineBrett @ Nov 16 2010, 04:21 PM) I have nothing to fear of you and other than the one post I made (which was deleted) I`m not the one making things personal. The REIN guys chewed me out for that one just like I`m sure you got an earful. I think REIN actually likes you because they haven`t banned you yet.

Wouldn`t you like like that
weren`t you calling for my head - after all you do pay fees as you mentioned ?
What I post makes sense and is sound advice - I don`t suggest to investors to blow their their brains out buying like mad and over leveraging. In the same light, why would I suggest to investors to pay more for services they don`t need ?

QUOTE (RedlineBrett @ Nov 16 2010, 04:21 PM) Am I working on a fee for service model? Yes I am because that`s the new buzzword and is the real estate flavor of the month with the news picking up on it like you describe. Drive by my office on 17th in a few weeks or check my website. Will I make less money? Hardly, I`ll be stealing from the old guard same as 2% is, but I`ll never take a listing that doesn`t offer 3.5/1.5 on the selling side because like Lucky says, people sell houses not websites and that`s where all the work is.

This is good news, this is where the market will be in the next few years ie., a high-growth area (however big this market grows) and I think this is good for everyone - its a win-win for those that proposer in the brokerage business, and those that are the first to embrace the concept will cash-in ie., its an opprotunity. You sound like you`re driven and I`m pretty sure you`ll be successful at capturing market share and growing it. Interesting times!

JohnS

Registered
QUOTE (JDaley @ Nov 16 2010, 06:47 PM) Not quiet, more likely to do with the person complaining to REIN - not the content (as I`m told).

You`ve alluded to this a few times, so I`m just curious as to who the person is who has told you that your comments have been taken off because of complaints. Did someone from REIN tell you that this is what they had done?

Have a good one!

JohnS

JohnS

Registered
QUOTE (JDaley @ Nov 16 2010, 06:59 PM) I don`t ordinarily respond to your emails, but I wish you (and gweiser) would just stop taking cheap shots at me. I post views and if you disagree, you shouldn`t attack the person because of it. This whole thread has devolved into Realtors vs JDaley and the public ? Lets get back to the point, can we ?

Well, first off, I`m not a realtor, and apparently the entire public is on your side, so I don`t know where I fit into your scenario. And, it wasn`t a cheap shot. You made a statement that was patently untrue, and I called you on it, expecting you to respond with a simple "You`re right, I just used a figure of speech that I shouldn`t have, of course it`s just my opinion." You didn`t do that, or anything close to it. You just ignored it, the same way you`ve ignored most of the times I`ve called you on stating things that are untrue. Unless, of course, you actually think that your predictions for the future count as facts... But yes, I have noticed that you do tend to ignore posts that attack your points, or you ignore the parts of posts that attack your points. But that`s ok with me...I`m fine with your points being unsupported.
:)

I am, however, willing to make a deal, mainly because your posts have started getting better, as I had already mentioned. So, if you stop attacking others, and if you stop posting your opinions as facts, then I`ll stop pointing those things out. Deal? I mean, it`s only fair to give some to get some!

Have a good one!

JohnS

JDaley

Registered
QUOTE (JohnS @ Nov 16 2010, 09:01 PM) Well, first off, I`m not a realtor, and apparently the entire public is on your side, so I don`t know where I fit into your scenario. And, it wasn`t a cheap shot. You made a statement that was patently untrue, and I called you on it, expecting you to respond with a simple "You`re right, I just used a figure of speech that I shouldn`t have, of course it`s just my opinion." You didn`t do that, or anything close to it. You just ignored it, the same way you`ve ignored most of the times I`ve called you on stating things that are untrue. Unless, of course, you actually think that your predictions for the future count as facts... But yes, I have noticed that you do tend to ignore posts that attack your points, or you ignore the parts of posts that attack your points. But that`s ok with me...I`m fine with your points being unsupported.

I am, however, willing to make a deal, mainly because your posts have started getting better, as I had already mentioned. So, if you stop attacking others, and if you stop posting your opinions as facts, then I`ll stop pointing those things out. Deal? I mean, it`s only fair to give some to get some!

Have a good one!

JohnS

You cease to amaze me, you`re like a pesky little dog chewing at my angle that eventually gets taken out to the basckside of a barn. Go away will you, [comment edited]. Thanks.

JohnS

Registered
QUOTE (JDaley @ Nov 17 2010, 02:26 AM) You cease to amaze me, you`re like a pesky little dog chewing at my angle that eventually gets taken out to the basckside of a barn. Go away will you, [comment edited]. Thanks.

Another brilliant example of how you attack the points raised, and not the person, I guess.

Have a good one, all!

JohnS

gwasser

Registered
QUOTE (JohnS @ Nov 17 2010, 03:13 AM) Another brilliant example of how you attack the points raised, and not the person, I guess.

Have a good one, all!

JohnS

Really hope that the moderators leave this example of JDaley `Attacking the point not the person` on-line. As a mild example of all the ones that have been deleted. It perfectly illustrates the points made by earlier posters.

From now on lets ignore this posting stream and move on.

JDaley

Registered
QUOTE (gwasser @ Nov 17 2010, 08:22 AM) Really hope that the moderators leave this example of JDaley `Attacking the point not the person` on-line. As a mild example of all the ones that have been deleted. It perfectly illustrates the points made by earlier posters.

From now on lets ignore this posting stream and move on.

You keep saying lets move on and then you post useless inflammatory junk - as usual. Poking at me will win you no new friends. I agree lets move on.

housingrental

Registered
Sounds great - though I still see value in many situations in using a realtor in a wider role - Hopefully the market does start to open more and consumers can actually choose what it is they want to spend there money on - much like most other industries. QUOTE (JDaley @ Nov 16 2010, 12:14 PM) Adam,
Let me say this, I haven`t used a realtor in a while but with the CB filing and settlement, I now plan to use relators to list a property only (on the MLS) and I hope more and more of these services become avaiable to sellers. The outcome of the CB complaint, even if it only increased peoples awareness of these services, is a great thing to investors and sellers alike. Thanks.

housingrental

Registered
Thanks for the thoughts John. I`m guessing the removed posts might provide a different perspective that I haven`t seen

QUOTE (JohnS @ Nov 16 2010, 04:39 PM) Hey Adam, I would support his post much more if it wasn`t so much a matter of "pot" and "kettle" and "black being called". There have been lots of times where he lashed out against others first (and, notably, against others and not against their ideas), and when they tried to correct him (either about themselves, others, or the ideas), he`s called "Foul!" So, to my mind at least, it`s kind of hard to take him seriously when he says things like "Attack the point and not the person; try adding something to the discussion other than attacking me for once".

Couple that with the way he usually doesn`t provide support for his claims when asked, and I really just can`t take him seriously. Which is too bad, as some of his ideas make some sense, but that just gets lost due to everything else.

Have a good one!
JohnS

housingrental

Registered
I am dissapointed with REIN's decision on this thread.

"I can read, but I can't understand what I'm reading"

QUOTE (bizaro86 @ Nov 16 2010, 04:59 PM)
Some of the posts have been deleted, and there were a few comments that I thought verged into the grey around making a comment about a person and not an issue. Obviously someone at REIN thought so as well, since they're gone.

Michael

housingrental

Registered
Hi John - Thanks for your thoughts on the long email prior - I appreciate the positive framing in the post below :0
QUOTE (JohnS @ Nov 16 2010, 05:04 PM) Oops - with all that I just said, I still forgot one thing, Adam. I have found that most of JDaley`s more recent posts have been better in nature than his earlier ones, and I hope he continues that way, as it was a big improvement. If he continues this way, then I`m sure more people will take him more seriously.

Have a good one!

JohnS

Top Bottom