Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REIN bookshelf

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (CarlaJohnson @ May 10 2009, 09:48 AM) Thank you so much Todor! Your feedback means a LOT to me.
Ed, there`s a camera called the point & shoot
. Here are the instructions:
1. Point
2. Shoot.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Carla you`re the best!
Actually Todor is the person to ask technical advice from.....

ChrisDavies

Registered
Since this discussion now spans six pages, three threads and two other blogs, I`ve created an Amazon Store for almost all the books. I`ll do my best to keep it updated as more books get added to the list. I`ll also create a list summarizing all the books and share it on my blog and here.

You can see all the books on Amazon here. Feel free to share it!

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ May 10 2009, 03:30 PM) Thanks Chris
Btw - re your other post - nice cast from your website re pm`s !

Thanks!

NickDavis

REIN Member
Ok, I admit I haven`t read every post in this topic; but, I have tried searching the topic both with the search tool and my windows search and I can`t find the answer.

Here`s the deal, I don`t really have a lot of time to read books and I maybe it`s my personality but I just can`t get into reading books. I can however, listen to them on my way to work or when I`m working in the yard or whatever. So many of the books mentioned here are great books and over the past 10 years or so I have bought the "audible" versions and listened to them. I think I have the entire Rich Dad box set. I have bought 97 Tips for Canadian Real Estate Investors and Real Estate Investing in Canada and read them but I feel I would get so much more if I could listen to them over and over.

My question is - is there anyone else like me out there. I figured if there was enough of us that would be willing to pay to "listen" to Don`s books than it would be recorded. I don`t know how this would work but I am curious to what anyone else thinks!

Nick

seanverret

Registered
QUOTE (NICKEED @ Jul 27 2009, 12:37 AM) Ok, I admit I haven`t read every post in this topic; but, I have tried searching the topic both with the search tool and my windows search and I can`t find the answer.

Here`s the deal, I don`t really have a lot of time to read books and I maybe it`s my personality but I just can`t get into reading books. I can however, listen to them on my way to work or when I`m working in the yard or whatever. So many of the books mentioned here are great books and over the past 10 years or so I have bought the "audible" versions and listened to them. I think I have the entire Rich Dad box set. I have bought 97 Tips for Canadian Real Estate Investors and Real Estate Investing in Canada and read them but I feel I would get so much more if I could listen to them over and over.

My question is - is there anyone else like me out there. I figured if there was enough of us that would be willing to pay to "listen" to Don`s books than it would be recorded. I don`t know how this would work but I am curious to what anyone else thinks!

Nick

I think that`s an excellent idea!

REINteam

Registered
QUOTE (NICKEED @ Jul 26 2009, 11:37 PM) Ok, I admit I haven`t read every post in this topic; but, I have tried searching the topic both with the search tool and my windows search and I can`t find the answer.

Nick

Believe me, Don has been ALL OVER the publisher of his books to turn them into audio books, so far to no avail (despite them now being the best selling real estate books in Canadian history). Here`s an idea, why not all of us send his publisher an e-mail requesting same. Maybe the market asking will be the final straw! Here`s the e-mail [email protected]. Be polite

stevegwhite

REIN Member
Thanks for the list.
One that got me started in money managing and has helped turn my financial life around is:

<h1 class="parseasinTitle">The Five Lessons a Millionaire Taught Me About Life and Wealth
</h1>I`m sure a lot of it isn`t new advice, but it was a quick and easy read at a time I really needed it. I also picked it up for $4 as a bargain discount book and have since bought five or six and given them to friends and co-workers.

Savard

Registered
"The End of Energy Obiesity" is Peter Tertzakian`s follow up to "A 1000 Barrels a Second".

Both should be the next book you read if-
-you live in Alberta
-you have any interest in energy
- you have an opinion on global warming or cooling

SERIOUSLY.

tdrealestate

Registered
QUOTE (BMironov @ Oct 12 2007, 05:08 PM)
Hello REIN,

I think it would be very beneficial for many to start a discussion about recommended books.

To start I would like to offer my list of books from the top of my head:

Real Estate:
Achieving more in life and business:

The Power of Focus: How to Hit Your Business, Personal and Financial Targets with Absolute Certainty by Jack Canfield, ...

http://www.amazon.ca/Power-Focus-Business-...0001&sr=1-1
[*]Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't by Michael Losier

http://www.amazon.ca/Law-Attraction-Scienc...0059&sr=1-2
The E Myth Revisited
by Michael Gerber

http://www.amazon.ca/Myth-Revisited-Michae...0293&sr=1-1

This shelf could be a good place for "book of the month" recommended by Mr. Don.
<

Hi

Could you recommend any books how to do pre-forclosures here in Canada. I only found pre-forclosures books only for the states.

Your assistances would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Terry

CarlaJohnson

Registered
QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ May 10 2009, 06:15 PM) Since this discussion now spans six pages, three threads and two other blogs, I`ve created an Amazon Store for almost all the books. I`ll do my best to keep it updated as more books get added to the list. I`ll also create a list summarizing all the books and share it on my blog and here.

You can see all the books on Amazon here. Feel free to share it!

Chris, I just checked out your list. It`s great! When you get a chance add Malcolm Gladwell`s latest, "What the Dog Saw." It is all the we have come to expect from Gladwell. This book is a collection of his favourite short pieces from The New Yorker. The title is based on an interview with Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer, where he learned how dogs see things quite differently than we do. It`s just like Gladwell`s own unique and profound insight on so many things we take for granted - and often shouldn`t.

I`d love it if my book was in there, but we can`t seem to get it on Amazon.ca - yet. It`s on all the other sites, except that one.

Cheers!

ZanderRobertson

Registered
I`ve just completed "Man`s Search for Meaning" by Victor Frankl.

For those of you out there knowing your life has a specific meaning, but not totally being able to decipher what that is, this book is amazing. Enjoy.

2ndstory

Registered
I used Carla`s book to help improve my photography and develop a marketing package to get $13 000 over the list price on a side by side without a realtor! Thanks Carla! It`s amazing how many terribly photographed properties are advertised. The toilet seat was up in one I recently looked at and it reminded me of one of Carla`s simple tips.My first book to read on the subject was Real Estate Investing for Dummies for Canadians and I have suggested it for others who are just starting out. I love all of D. Campbells books and am in the middle of Donald Trump`s The Art of the Deal and am really enjoying it.

Nik

VicChung

REIN Member
QUOTE (2ndstory @ Mar 25 2010, 12:38 PM)
I used Carla's book to help improve my photography and develop a marketing package to get $13 000 over the list price on a side by side without a realtor! Thanks Carla! It's amazing how many terribly photographed properties are advertised. The toilet seat was up in one I recently looked at and it reminded me of one of Carla's simple tips.

My first book to read on the subject was Real Estate Investing for Dummies for Canadians and I have suggested it for others who are just starting out. I love all of D. Campbells books and am in the middle of Donald Trump's The Art of the Deal and am really enjoying it.

Nik

I am reading the new "psycho-cybernetics" by Maxwell Matz edited by Dan Kennedy. It is great book on psychology and mental rehearsal.

If you like Donald Trump, I would recommend "Think like a champion"

MikeMcC874

Registered
xxxxIs this really the case?

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We wanted to let you know there`s a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on March 01 2010 (5869-3592235).

Russell Westcott, Don R. Campbell "Real Estate Joint Ventures for Canadian Investors: A Proven and Powerful Step-by-Step System"
Estimated ship date: March 14 2011

Should I cancel my order and wait?

Thanks
Mike

JohnS

Registered
QUOTE (MikeMcC874 @ May 21 2010, 09:20 AM) xxxxIs this really the case?

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We wanted to let you know there`s a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on March 01 2010 (5869-3592235).

Russell Westcott, Don R. Campbell "Real Estate Joint Ventures for Canadian Investors: A Proven and Powerful Step-by-Step System"
Estimated ship date: March 14 2011

Should I cancel my order and wait?

Thanks
Mike

I`m not exactly sure what you`re asking, Mike. The book hasn`t been released yet, so you have no option aside from waiting. Or, I guess they have the study package, with cds and such, that is already available - you could get that, but you`d have to go through the REIN office, I believe.

Have a good one!

JohnS

MikeMcC874

Registered
QUOTE (JohnS @ May 21 2010, 03:08 PM)
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, Mike. The book hasn't been released yet, so you have no option aside from waiting. Or, I guess they have the study package, with cds and such, that is already available - you could get that, but you'd have to go through the REIN office, I believe.

Have a good one!

JohnS

I put my order in back and March when I heard mention of it on the forum and the ship date was June if I remember correctly. I bundled it with a few other books I was not in a hurry to get for a while to get free shipping.

What I am trying to determine is if it really a year out before this will ship or if amazon has made a mistake? If that is the case I will cancel the order for now and re-order closer to the ship date.

Thanks

Mike

MrHamilton

Registered
Hi Everyone,

With all these excellent must read books out there my to read list is longer than my arm.

My question to everyone is has anyone had success learning to speed read (and speed comprehension would be good too)? If yes would you please recommend the program?

The popular author and marketing guru Dan Kennedy reads one book per week. At this point I would be happy with one book per two weeks

Thanks in advance,
Erwin

dcaz4moores

Registered
This is perfect...there is not enough time in a day to do all one wants to do...

Regards,

Dave.

Top Bottom