Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Airbnb Plus

Benjamin M.

New Forum Member
Registered
Does anyone have experience as an ‘Airbnb Plus’ host? Has it been a good experience for you? We’ve been invited to upgrade to Plus status for greater exposure and an opportunity to increase our prices but online feedback is mixed (unreasonably high expectations and loss of control seem to be the negatives).

I’d appreciate some feedback from someone with experience in this area.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
@Benjamin M. sorry to ask an unrelated question? But does your Airbnb make money? If you paid market managment fees (20-25% gross revenues from what I've seen), what is the cap rate like? How long did it take to get PLUS? I've looked in great detail at Canmore and don't believe the business case for it .... yet

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
True! If I were to take a stand in this business, I actually wouldn't own real estate at all, I'd just own furniture and pay a fixed rent to landlords, and rent the place on Airbnb. Returns of real estate but without owning any real estate. There is a brilliant company in the U.S. doing this right now as a pop-up hotel. An awesome business model...

https://whyhotel.com/

If you could efficiently move furniture, you could allow landlords to have zero vacancy. It definitely works better for new-built apartments like Why Hotel is doing.

Top Bottom