Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blocking

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
This can be done by clicking on the users avatar and selecting ignore.

The user threads and posts will not be shown.

You must be logged in to do this.

kfort

Registered
Can this be done from the app? Didn't seem to bring up any "ignore" option for me

Alvaro Sanchez

Ottawa-Gatineau Investor
Registered
If you are trying to ignore a staff member, you will not be able to select "ignore"... (unfortunately)

kfort

Registered
Just trying to customize the experience. I'll get it figured when I'm on my home computer (a rarity).

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
It's me...I know it. What have I done to offend you???

Kidding, of course. ;) I used this feature a while back for someone who was constantly spouting negative crap. Really, how many times can the sky possibly fall? Blocking him was like letting a fresh spring breeze into myREINspace. :)

kfort

Registered
Quick heads up Tina, blocking does not appear to be linked between website and the app. I had to log in on my pc to block, & still see all their content on the app. Have tried w 2 users so far with same result.

Being that I use the app almost exclusively, it's less than ideal!

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Quick heads up Tina, blocking does not appear to be linked between website and the app. I had to log in on my pc to block, & still see all their content on the app. Have tried w 2 users so far with same result.

Being that I use the app almost exclusively, it's less than ideal!
email me at [email protected] the name of the individual and I will look into them. If they are breaking the rules of our site, they will be banned permanently.

kfort

Registered
Nobody is breaking rules.

My guess is that the majority of users like me (app) don't browse by specific forum a high percentage of the time. The "unread" browsing let's me see everything in one spot. When user X only posts horribly inflated projections for properties they have for sale I would like to not see that. I assumed that the website & app were linked for blocking but they don't appear to be (yet).

Opening up the app and seeing 5-10 for sale postings (often double postings) by the same user detracts from the overall experience

kfort

Registered
Bit of a glitch in the ignore setting:

It still bumps posts (even ones from multiple years ago!) in the feed if an ignored member adds their $.02... So even if you ignore someone they still can trash your feed based off useless information/ comments.

Easy fix for your programmer.

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Hello REIN Members,
The programmer is looking into It, and will get this fixed. Thank you for your patience.
Have a great day.

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Hello REIN Members:
After circling back with the app development team, we are not close to implementing a solution. It is on their radar and it is a known issue, however it's not a easy solution as the app software is totally different then the forum.

Once we have a ETA we will let you know.

kfort

Registered
Has this been lost in the mix or is it just not a priority to optimize the app experience?

kfort

Registered
3 years later this is still an annoyance.

Good grief. Why not spend a few of those colour scheme dollars on UX/UI? What’s the priority? Appears to be mostly acronym creation lately.

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

Top Bottom