Do you Include the Following in Schedule A when Putting Offers?

Nir

REIN Member
Dec 5, 2007
Toronto
Hi All,

What do you think about the following requirements and do you include them in schedule A when putting offers:

- The seller to provide the buyer with a Seller Property Information Statement (SPIS) upon acceptance of this offer.

- The seller, prior to closing, at their own expense, agree to provide the buyer with existing retrofit letter on the subject
property complying with the current Fire codes.

?

THANKS.

mplut

REIN Member
May 14, 2009
Visit site
We did include an (SPIS) on two offers earlier this year The first seller refused and my agent said that was common. The second seller - a very amiable and cooperative seller throughout the entire process had no problem filling it in.

The information is not binding in anyway - but it doesn`t hurt to ask and you may find parts of it useful.

NorthernAlex

Registered
Nov 2, 2008
NB ON
Hi Neil.

During the ACRE Week end in Toronto I heard Don mentioning a condition, which I liked. I read it later on, too. I don`t have the current wording around (I am not at home right now, touring Toronto and the falls with the family), but it was something like:

- offer valid upon confirmation from own lawyer

I also added in my last offer, that I want a current fire inspection done (and I was willing to pay for it, if the seller takes care of potential issues...)