Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Don Campbells Estimated Networth.

KevinMatwichuk

Registered
I think the more interesting question is what kind of effect has Don had on the REIN member`s net worth? Assuming that the REIN membership owns collectively in excess of $1 billion in real estate investments for every 1% real estate goes up the REIN membership`s net worth goes up by $10 million! WOW!

I believe the $1B total is drastically low as REIN only measures the purchase price of investments in their total!

A big thanks Don!

From me and my family...

REINteam

Registered
QUOTE (KevinMatwichuk @ Jun 29 2010, 01:40 PM) I think the more interesting question is what kind of effect has Don had on the REIN member`s net worth? Assuming that the REIN membership owns collectively in excess of $1 billion in real estate investments for every 1% real estate goes up the REIN membership`s net worth goes up by $10 million! WOW!

I believe the $1B total is drastically low as REIN only measures the purchase price of investments in their total!

A big thanks Don!

From me and my family...

Kevin,

I think you`d be glad to know that our total property value of REIN™ members is nearing $3.1 billion! And continuing to grow as REIN™ members continue to take action and move forward... Congratulations to all of you and we wish you continued success!

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Thanks for the comments
What an interesting threadTOTAL DISCLOSURE COMING
.... I do have to adjust my property total now though... it is now only 193 doors (down 1) as I just received a great offer on one of my condos that I had held for almost 10 years. It was a great property, performed very well and wil ldo well for the new home-owner.

Just continuing to follow the strategy I speak about. Reviewing the portfolio, analyzing what the ROI is of each property working through how to make the money work hardest for me. I`ll take these funds, pay down a couple of mortgages, increasing the cash flow on those properties and then adjust my Sophisticated Investor Binder to reflect this good news.

Getting Ready For My Next Purchase. I love market downturns for that exact reason.

Next, I am looking forward to sharing all of my insights into multi-family investing at the August 28th-29th National Multi-Family Conference
so that those who are ready to move to that direction will have the exact strategies I use there as well.

Make sure you are continually massaging your portfolio, managing it for CASH FLOW

BTW Dan, you are so right

Berubeland

Registered
Dear OP,
I commend your courage. I have read Don`s books but I also am a sceptic and a critical thinker.

I really liked the part of Don`s own book where it continually reminds us to "look behind the curtain" Part of looking behind the curtain is asking EXACTLY these kinds of questions. There are more fakers and schemers and liars then there are legitimate real estate investors.

As someone who says that they are a real estate investor and want to teach other people using their experience as their qualification it is not "being gauche" to ask them how much money they have made and their property addresses. It is in fact critical thinking and "looking behind the curtain". In this way their veracity can be ascertained.

Maybe because I`ve done evictions for a living I don`t believe anything I am told and I don`t care who says it. I believe things I observe myself or that I personally fact check through verifiable sources.

Furthermore I`ve gone to a number of seminars and it is not unusual to be given
books that encourage buying other products. I can get as little as 100 books published for around 3$ a piece. Again the book also says proceeds given to Habitat to Humanity but I have not myself verified that it is true. I could manage to survive quite nicely by selling memberships for $1700 each even if I gave away a bunch of free books.

Yes it is irritating to be me

Please OP don`t ever stop "looking behind the curtain"

invst4profit

Registered
[quote name=`Don Campbell` date=`Jun 29 2010, 05:32 PM` post=`88467`]
Thanks for the comments
What an interesting thread

Don`s take on this thread may be the only one that is truly relevant.

ontariolandlord

Registered
QUOTE (Berubeland @ Jun 29 2010, 04:38 PM)
Maybe because I've done evictions for a living

You don't "do evictions for a living" because you are not even licensed to appear in front of the Landlord and Tenant Board. Look behind the curtain, eh?

Mr. Campbell's net worth is his business.

Yet it is certainly in the high millions. His investment strategies applied to Western Canada over the past 10 years are ingenius and certainly extremely successful. His books are also very well written and filled with good advice.

Berubeland

Registered
Rickson9

You proudly post your net worth right on your website. You update it regularly. You have the list of the stocks you hold.

If it`s so gauche why are you doing it?

AND.... if I were to ask anyone to help me invest in the stock market it would probably be you, after I checked that your stats were accurate

lilbuffet

Registered
QUOTE (westboundventures @ Jun 27 2010, 10:44 PM) I don`t think this is a ridiculous question. It makes sense to learn from someone who is really successful at what they do, and in real estate your net worth is one of the most important measures of your success (along with cashflow, systems, your team, etc). We are talking about real estate "investing", and the point of investing is to make money.

I personally have no expectation that Don Campbell would share that information with me, but if I found out for certain that his net worth was in excess of a few million it would solidify my confidence even more that I am part of the right organization.

Exactly what I was thinking....at the end of the day the info and knowledge he provides is priceless, but its good to get some perspective and validation.

I tend to question things more and "look behind the curtain" ever since university where my finance investment proff could talk to you for days about the market and investments yet he couldn`t make his car payments as it got repossessed in front of my eyes.

Berubeland

Registered
Ontario Landlord just stop yourself.
I said "Maybe it`s because I`ve done
evictions for a living"

This does not state that I am currently doing evictions for a living nor do I EVER in any of my posts ever on the web state that I do so. I specifically say that when the RTA came into effect I had absolutely no desire to make evictions my life work, frankly it sucks.

I have certainly done my share of evictions, I did evictions for a rental company I used to work for (Speedy Rental Agency) as well as Country Club Towers as well as 255 Porter Street in Oshawa. I also evict and deadbeats I mistakenly rent to. 2 since I have been in business for myself. I also worked for a short while for Howard Levenson a paralegal with 30+ years experience. You can call any of these people.

I am very good at evictions. I don`t like it. Quite frankly I don`t like the person I become when I "wear the mask". I have lost exactly 4 cases in total when I was doing it all of them in front of Valerie Steeles who was later removed for bad behaviour as an adjudicator.

Ontario Landlord going forward in our relationship I will no longer be arguing any of your accusations. You clearly have developed an irrational hatred of me. Considering you don`t know me except for our occasional meetings online it demonstrates your tenuous hold on sanity. Other people can figure it out on their own time, my life is too short to waste it on you.

Furthermore you state that Don has high net worth. Have you been to any of his properties? Do you know where they are? Is there a list somewhere I don`t know about?

I don`t know any of these things. If you do kindly share how you yourself know of them except for what you have read or been told by someone other than yourself.

Furthermore my not knowing something is true doesn`t mean that it is false either. It just means that I don`t know.

housingrental

Registered
Re above: Ontariolandlord you haven`t been able to offer a single helpful post, or display any useful expertise in any area of land lording or real estate investing yet. Perhaps you can stop consistently writing attacks on people for no good reason and concentrate on helping others?

Hughes

Registered
QUOTE (lilbuffet @ Jun 27 2010, 01:12 PM)
...does anyone have a ball park figure of what Don Campbells estimated net worth is??

Who cares what Don R. Campell's networth is!

A more interesting question might be:

Does anyone have a ball park figure of how many Air Miles Don has accumulated?
<

21krunner

Registered
Humm,

Interesting.. a question is asked that most would feel is inappropriate... and one that has zero chance of being responded to directly. Readers weigh-in , most challenge the validity of the question... a few partial defenses.

What struck me was not how personally inapproprial or ridiculus it was, but the narrowness of thought. I am sure there were other criteria being taken into account when evaluating a potential mentorship.

If I were looking for a RE mentor from scratch I would like to see

a) A demonstrated long term involvement on a personal level
b) a community of apparently happy associates, partners and other mentees (is that a real word?)
c) Ownership / involvement in a variety in RE submarkets (SF, multi unit through to largish apartment building)
d) A profile high enough to be a recognized speaker and published author - Absolutely
e) Evidence of repeat and long term involvement from investors

But I would also be looking for an absence of
a) High profile law suites and/or bad publicity
b) Any kind of franchising type behaviour - Such as outsourcing the Seminars etc.
c) Any kind of high pressure tactics at same seminars
d) Any kind of legal trouble with a Securities exchange

etc.

To wit.. Those in the GTA will be aware of a large high profile establishment with several outlets owned by a visibly wealthy (mini) celebrity. By all accounts this individual would meet any kind of personal wealth standard. But the establishment is notorious for bad service, and over committed product delivery dates, barely legal advertising, loss leader and bait and switch tactics etc. I suspect the % of repeat customers is glaring low to the point where only the size of the customer pool in the GTA enables this outfit to survive. So we can all think of examples in which wealth is not a reliable predictor.

If each of you were to author a list of items to look for in drawing up the ideal RE investment mentor..what would the job description and experience profile look like?

housingrental

Registered
Don Campbell`s and the REIN organization seems to pass your check list quite well...

Is it Rich dad poor dad seminars that you are using as the bad example? or which?

GarthChapman

Registered
Interesting how the most irrelevant and inane topics gets the most reads and replies. We are indeed fascinated by shiny objects and titillation in the extreme.

Goodstuff

Registered
QUOTE (Berubeland @ Jun 30 2010, 10:24 PM) Ontario Landlord just stop yourself.
I said "Maybe it`s because I`ve done
evictions for a living"

This does not state that I am currently doing evictions for a living nor do I EVER in any of my posts ever on the web state that I do so. I specifically say that when the RTA came into effect I had absolutely no desire to make evictions my life work, frankly it sucks.

I have certainly done my share of evictions, I did evictions for a rental company I used to work for (Speedy Rental Agency) as well as Country Club Towers as well as 255 Porter Street in Oshawa. I also evict and deadbeats I mistakenly rent to. 2 since I have been in business for myself. I also worked for a short while for Howard Levenson a paralegal with 30+ years experience. You can call any of these people.

I am very good at evictions. I don`t like it. Quite frankly I don`t like the person I become when I "wear the mask". I have lost exactly 4 cases in total when I was doing it all of them in front of Valerie Steeles who was later removed for bad behaviour as an adjudicator.

Ontario Landlord going forward in our relationship I will no longer be arguing any of your accusations. You clearly have developed an irrational hatred of me. Considering you don`t know me except for our occasional meetings online it demonstrates your tenuous hold on sanity. Other people can figure it out on their own time, my life is too short to waste it on you.

Furthermore you state that Don has high net worth. Have you been to any of his properties? Do you know where they are? Is there a list somewhere I don`t know about?

I don`t know any of these things. If you do kindly share how you yourself know of them except for what you have read or been told by someone other than yourself.

Furthermore my not knowing something is true doesn`t mean that it is false either. It just means that I don`t know.

Although considered to be in bad taste by many, I think the question has some validity. Look at Kiyosaki and how his legacy turned out. A great many people put their faith in him only to find out he made it all up.
I don`t believe for a second that Don Campbell is at all like Kiyosaki, but healthy schepticism in this business is not a bad thing.

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
Interesting! Don mentioned this thread to me a while back and I had to come on and see for myself.

Personally, I think people can ask whatever questions they want but whether they get the answer or not is up to the person they have asked. It`s an interesting perspective when one asks a question to almost establish the credibility of someone who has something to teach. I remember coming off stage one day and a women approached me and asked me what religion I was.

My answer. "That is none of your business". If someone wants to establish my religion before they work with me, I don`t want their business.

What we should be asking is, can Don increase my net worth if I join his network? From what I can see is that is an absolute yes. I know Don mentioned how many doors he has but personally I believe this would be higher if he focused his energy 100% of the time on investing. I see first hand how much time and energy he pours into creating the systems and research to assist his members to go and increase their net worths.

One last thing to ponder. Many so called gurus cite Tiger Woods as a guy who has a coach when they want you to sign up to their coaching program. "Well if Tiger has a coach you should too". Tigers most influential coach was Butch Harmon. So how many Masters or British Opens did he win? NONE! He won one PGA tournament in his life.

Frankly, who gives a **** what he won. All Tiger and perhaps you should ask is, CAN HE MAKE ME A WINNER?

MikeMcC874

Registered
QUOTE (PhilipMcKernan @ Aug 10 2010, 06:13 PM)
Frankly, who gives a **** what he won. All Tiger and perhaps you should ask is, CAN HE MAKE ME A WINNER?

I think you have just asked the same question as the OP but in a less direct manner.

Although he may not have consciously formulated it as such, Don's net worth is apparently one of the criteria the OP considers important in deciding if Don can make him a winner.

How does one determine if a Ford Mustang is a "good car"?

For person one they would ask if it has over 500 HP. Another would ask about gas mileage. Yet another would be concerned about looks as a deciding factor. Different people have different and equally valid thought processes when making decisions.

Tiger would clearly have had some criteria in choosing the coach and determining if he could make him a winner. A track record with previous student was probably one of them.

I am not saying Don should disclose anything, but I do think the question has some merit as asked.

Mike

Top Bottom