Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Edmonton market

bateman99

Registered
Hi, I am wondering if anybody has bought or sold a house in Edmonton in last couple months and wondering if it would be better to sell now then later in the year? I am looking to buy a house in St. Catharines, Ontario but not sure I can unless I sell my house in Edmonton. But I'm afraid my house is below what I paid for it in 2012. Just looking for advice or what would be the best course of action.
Thanks

Remi Noel

Contractor, Renovator, Developer & Investor
Registered
Hi, I am wondering if anybody has bought or sold a house in Edmonton in last couple months and wondering if it would be better to sell now then later in the year? I am looking to buy a house in St. Catharines, Ontario but not sure I can unless I sell my house in Edmonton. But I'm afraid my house is below what I paid for it in 2012. Just looking for advice or what would be the best course of action.
Thanks

Hey Bateman99, there’s many options to selling a house and there’s a lot of savvy investors here. If you want to sell give me a call and let’s see what you have. 780-257-4301.
Rémi

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

Michele19123

New Forum Member
REIN Member
Thanks
I'm in the process of buying a home now, and I sell homes in Edmonton for a living. It is more difficult to sell currently unless you are priced very sharply. Having said that, I've written several offers on homes for clients since covdi-19 initiated and have been in multiple offers on most of them. This tells me that the sharp priced homes are still finding buyers. Also, there is less inventory coming on market as many people are holding off on listing their homes. Having less competition is a benefit to a seller, but your price must be sharp. I'm happy to show you the numbers.

bateman99

Registered
I'm in the process of buying a home now, and I sell homes in Edmonton for a living. It is more difficult to sell currently unless you are priced very sharply. Having said that, I've written several offers on homes for clients since covdi-19 initiated and have been in multiple offers on most of them. This tells me that the sharp priced homes are still finding buyers. Also, there is less inventory coming on market as many people are holding off on listing their homes. Having less competition is a benefit to a seller, but your price must be sharp. I'm happy to show you the numbers.

Thanks for your reply. I decided to put the house up for sale and have a realtor. I know it may be a bad time but also like you said, having less competition is a benefit. My renters are also leaving end of april and end of May so I'm afraid it may be empty and I cannot afford to carry the mortgage. Also, I don't see Edmonton getting any better even after Covid19 with the oil industry at a standstill.

bateman99

Registered
Hey Bateman99, there’s many options to selling a house and there’s a lot of savvy investors here. If you want to sell give me a call and let’s see what you have. 780-257-4301.
Rémi

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

Hi, sorry, just seeing all the messages now. I'm putting the house up for sale and just got a realtor, John Ryan from ReMax.

Top Bottom