Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for General Contractor referral for secondary suite in Calgary

sennayt

New Forum Member
Registered
Hi all, I'm getting started on my first secondary suited property in Calgary and looking for a GC with experience building legal secondary suites in Calgary. I would really appreciate any suggestions!
Thanks!

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
Is this a new purchase or renovating a property you already own? If a new purchase, just buy from the available inventory, you won't get your money out of a renovation right now lots of secondary suites on market right now.

A suite renovation costs anywhere from $35 - $50k depending on the basement using a GC.

sennayt

New Forum Member
Registered
Thanks for the feedback. I already own the property, basement is partially developed but I want to convert into a 1 bdrm suite. Decent rental rates in my area, got the green light from the city, now I'm just missing an experienced GC.

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
Other than Google and Home Stars, another good way is to look through calgary.ca/pdmap then look at all basement suite DPs. Look for names of contractors that seem to do a lot of them. May find some good ones who don't advertise a lot.

Top Bottom