Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

March 2014 Alberta Economic Fundamentals

Ally

Research Assistant
Registered
More flights to Fort McMurray

Another airline is climbing on the Kelowna-Fort McMurray bandwagon.

In January, WestJet announced it will start non-stop daily flights to Fort Mac on May 12 using its new 76-seat Q400 turbo-prop plane.

The early morning departures from Kelowna and late night departures from Fort Mac are designed to get those who work in northern Alberta's oil and gas industry in and out at times corresponding to shift start and end.

Read the full article here.

Ally

Research Assistant
Registered
Amid Calgary's prosperity, Mayor Nenshi senses housing crisis

Last year, nearly 30,000 people arrived here, drawn by the scent of money. The Stampede City is in full boom again, with the oil patch bestowing six-figure salaries on many of those inhabiting the industry`s gleaming downtown office towers.

Tony restaurants along Stephen Avenue and elsewhere are packed. Luxury automobiles are flying off the lot. Prosperity abounds ` for most but not all. The downside of all this upside is the pressure it has put on the city`s affordable-housing market. It becomes scarcer by the day. And the mayor can sense a crisis on his hands.

Ally

Research Assistant
Registered
Kearl oilsands process delivering big gains

CALGARY ` The unique bitumen recovery process being employed at Imperial Oil Ltd.`s Kearl oilsands mine is delivering realized price bonuses worth hundreds of thousands of dollars per day, according to an investment bank report.

In a research note released early Thursday, analyst Michael Dunn of FirstEnergy Capital Corp. said the value of bitumen produced at Kearl in 2013 was likely $7 to $10 more per barrel than raw bitumen produced by other operations.

Ally

Research Assistant
Registered
City Centre Aiport re-development costs worry Edmonton councillors

EDMONTON - The city could spend more than $150 million on the Blatchford development by 2016 and not break even for another 20 years, a new report shows.

Cash flow estimates, based on an undisclosed development scenario, show the sustainable community at the former City Centre Airport producing a $200-million profit by 2038.

Ally

Research Assistant
Registered
ComFree reinvents itself to keep pace with hot Alberta real estate market

EDMONTON - Selling your own home or using a low-cost discount real estate broker aren`t novel concepts anymore.

As the peak spring selling season approaches and For Sale signs pop up across the city, homeowners have plenty of choice these days.

GaryW

Registered
Hi Ally, would you know why I can't open ( City Centre Aiport re-development costs worry Edmonton councillors ) ? All the rest worked.

Thank You

Gary

Ally

Research Assistant
Registered
Hi Gary,

I'm not sure why the link didn't work. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Click here and let me know if this one works.

Top Bottom