Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Marketing Ideas - Anyone using Facebook to advertise rentals

nubiwan

Registered
Just wondering has anyone ever seen ads for rentals or indeed used Facebook to promote houses for rent/ sale? I know they have targeted advertising for business, and specific posts on your pages, but I was wondering if anyone had actually used Facebook with any degree of success. I am thinking on further investigating the matter.

As an example, there is a local Facebook page on which you can advertise stuff that otherwise you might sell in a Buy and Sell, or on eBay. Something I have considered as a supplement to the previously dependable Kijiji.

Benefits of Facebook over Kijiji from a high level would be the quality and number of pictures you can post. As far as I know you can target a local market segment with your ad. To do that you necessarily would pay to boost or bump the ad. Forget the term Facebook uses.

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
It is interesting idea. Probably too expensive based on your competitors. You will likely end up going head to head with Kijiji for Facebook ad presence. So, you may end up paying $1 CPC. It isn't really an economical idea.

However, I do post my ads on Facebook (for free, as a status update). I usually offer $50-$100 off for friends and friends of friends. This tends to get likes and shares so I will get a couple thousand eyes on the ad for free, and it is worth sharing because I give special deal if you are willing to recommend a friend. Probably lots of creative ways to create incentive.

eBay: bad idea. No way am I going to let someone "buy now". Not for a 20% premium on rental rate. Nope. Same reason I don't do AirBnB.

nubiwan

Registered
ebay reference was to something like buy and sell, not something I would advertise rentals on.

Alvaro Sanchez

Ottawa-Gatineau Investor
Registered

sbh

REIN Member
We have used Facebook for our rentals. Facebook is very cheap advertising and you can be laser focused. For more information and some tips and tricks check this out -

Kjeck

New Forum Member
Registered
I haven't used Facebook for property advertising. However I have been thinking about it. I read that a lot of properties are bought and sold on this site each day. Besides, it charges no commissions, no fees.

Top Bottom