Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REALTOR, INVESTOR AND REIN MEMBER

davidd101

Registered
REALTOR, INVESTOR AND REIN MEMBER

Hey there everyone, I have spoken to a dozen or more new investors in the last few months and I`ve had the same questions about how to find, analysis and other general questions about property, good questions from beginner investors of how to make a property work. So I just want to know how people would feel about a, lets say 2 hour session of question and answer from a realtor, investor and rein member, free and with no obligation. I`m thinking at my office in Brampton for now then we`ll see, but I thought we`d discuss subjects like closing costs, vacancies, mortgages, taxes, utilities, condo fees, insurance, management, Home warranty programmers, cap rates, what you need to do before you buy. I just want some input from beginners about what they might be have difficulties with, to see what I can do to help. Send me some input and I`ll post a date and R.S.V.P info to say were and when

tdrealestate

Registered
QUOTE (koffeedan @ May 4 2009, 09:45 PM) David,

I would be interested in that.

Dan
I am a beginner myself all the help i can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

davidd101

Registered
Good stuff people, I am thinking we should invite significant others to come and friends too, any one with questions or concerns. Chances are if someone has a question, others might benefit from the answer as well.

kreezo

Registered
I would be interested and I can pull together 2-3 other friends who will be to.
You can reach me at [email protected] if you want to schedule something. Thanks!

davidd101

Registered
QUOTE (kreezo @ May 6 2009, 04:45 PM) I would be interested and I can pull together 2-3 other friends who will be to.
You can reach me at [email protected] if you want to schedule something. Thanks!

Great Ray has put this post back up well to answer Rays concerns. There will be no name grabbing and no presention of properties but feel free to send me some ideas of what you would like to talk about and ill be sure to pull together some hand outs.

ajaysritharan

Registered
Hi

I would be interested in attending and providing input/information.

One suggestion, maybe we should post questions before the meeting (compile all questions I week before the meeting). This way those who have information to share can take some time to research and gather their thoughts - generates higher quality advise/responses when we meet.

Ajayan Sritharan
Relationship Manager of Real Experts Inc
www.RealExpertsInc.com

"Buying under-market and cash-flowing properties in the best neighborhoods of the strongest towns."

Quirky research and insights on real estate and the economy at http://realexpertsinc.blogspot.com/

koffeedan

Registered
One question I would like to analyze is how to structure for down payments.

For example, if a person has a set amount to invest, is it better to put 20% down on fewer properties, so they cashflow better, or go with CMHC 5 or 10% down, buy more properties, and have them break even on cashflow. Is it worthwhile to be paying the CMHC premiums over time.

We looked at amortization tables, and realized it would take almost five years just to pay down the premiums, nevermind paying down the actual capital.

Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Dan

Mvarga

REIN Member
I would love to attend and could round up a few people to join. Is there a certain date and time people are leaning towards.

thecrow79

Registered
Hi,
just a quick question, has this meeting already occured? if so was there any notes/minutes taken that could possibly be shared? if not i would love to attend.

hshen

Registered
Had this meeting been started, please let me know the updates if the meeting still been process, so I can have a time and date.

thanks guys
hshen

ajaysritharan

Registered
QUOTE (koffeedan @ May 23 2009, 07:15 PM) One question I would like to analyze is how to structure for down payments.

For example, if a person has a set amount to invest, is it better to put 20% down on fewer properties, so they cashflow better, or go with CMHC 5 or 10% down, buy more properties, and have them break even on cashflow. Is it worthwhile to be paying the CMHC premiums over time.

We looked at amortization tables, and realized it would take almost five years just to pay down the premiums, nevermind paying down the actual capital.

Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Dan

Hi Dan

Great question and I would love to discuss this if we meet. This is something that I also struggled over briefly. The short answer is that it really depends on your personal goal and aspiration in terms of real estate.

What I would do is look back at my objective. Is my objective to generate high cash flow or buy the maximum number of properties possible? Based on your answer, you will know how much to put down.

Personally I have 5 year plan that states the sort of cash flow I want to achieve and number of properties that I would like to buy. Based on that, I allocate my funds accordingly.

I hope that we all can meet to explore this very important question.

Ajayan Sritharan
Relationship Manager of Real Experts Inc
www.RealExpertsInc.com

koffeedan

Registered
Well I would definitely like to further that conversation, as I am getting ready to start, and I want to get a good footing for that famous ladder. David101, build it and they will come.

Dan

Top Bottom