Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Seeking tips for interviewing a real estate agent

Mzuri

New Forum Member
Registered
I am planning to sell my single family home tenanted investment properties located in 4 regions in Ontario, namely, Hamilton, Cambridge, Guelph and Kitchener. Do I need a special agent for this? Must the agent be local to the property as I have an agent from Durham region offering me a discounted rate to sell them. Any referral to investor's friendly agent will be appreciated. Lastly what tips do you have to get full cooperation of the tenants to ensure the maximum exposure of the home?

Tim Blake

Registered
I HIGHLY recommend selling your homes vacant even if you have to pay your tenants to leave tenanted homes are hard / agents prefer not to show them if they have other options and very rarely do they show well . You will get a lot more for them then the cost to get tenant out and few months of lost rent . Your ideal market should always be a owner occupied there is WAY more of them and they will typically pay more than a investor (unless you have investments specific fourplex /apartment ). They dont want to inherit your tenant I know a excellent agent i have personally used in Hamilton Would be happy to put you in touch if needed. You should work with a location specific high volume agent and typically those who offer lower commissions are not the agents you want to use as in most things in life you get what you pay for .
Hope this helps!

Tony Miller

Ottawa's Investor Focused Realtor
Registered
Use an Investor Focused Realtor to buy and sell your props. Not using one could cost you time and lots of $$.
Remember that you get what you pay for generally.
For Hamilton give Mr. Hamilton (Erwin Sweto) and Mark Loeffler a call.

MatPiche

Registered
Hi Mzuri, I'm a realtor specializing with investor's in KWC (100% of my sales are investment properties!) I'd be happy to help you and give you tips on selling your properties. Please feel free to visit my website to learn more about me - www.kwpropertypro.com - and you can visit my YouTube channel where I have hundreds of KW specific investing and selling tips - https://www.youtube.com/TheFruitfulinvestor

RELover

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
Hello Mat,

I'm not actively looking right now. But I would like to start gettin an idea about what's out there. Please feel free to send me any investment property listings/recommendations at [email protected]

Thanks.

Cory Sperle

REIN Member
As suggested above remove the tenant first, throw on some lipstick and rouge, and market it to owner occupied as they have the best mortgage options and many more buyers. If your selling multiple properties you can negotiate a lower commission. Trying to sell tenant occupied is a mistake.

joeepifanio1302

New Forum Member
Registered
yes you must have agent, because he would be experienced and provide the best rates.

I

iamcel

Your agent should be able to supply you with a written list of referring vendors such as mortgage brokers, home inspectors and title companies. Ask for an explanation if you see the term "affiliated" because it could mean that the agent and her broker are receiving compensation from one or all of vendors, and you could be paying a premium for the service.

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
"How to Chose a Realtor" - this document is in the Member Back Office.
  1. Log into www.reincanada.com
  2. Go to Knowledge Vault
  3. Go to Critical Documents
  4. Due Diligence Forms
  5. How to Chose a Realtor

Top Bottom