Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trampolines on rental property

SPeever

Registered
Hello everyone: What is your feedback regarding trampolines that tenants want to set up on rental properties in Ontario?

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Check your insurance policy. I'm sure there is liability there.

More than 1 million people went to emergency departments for trampoline-related injuries between 2002 and 2011, with nearly 300,000 of those injuries involving broken bones, according to a new study.

And these injuries don’t come cheap — the Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics study showed that the total emergency department expenses for them was $1 billion, and more than $400 million for fractures specifically.

What you really care about is making sure that they are taking the risk so just create a lease addendum that gives them permission and makes them assume liability. Everyone wins and you don't feel like a jerk for taking a trampoline away from kids.

SPeever

Registered
Check your insurance policy. I'm sure there is liability there.

More than 1 million people went to emergency departments for trampoline-related injuries between 2002 and 2011, with nearly 300,000 of those injuries involving broken bones, according to a new study.

And these injuries don’t come cheap — the Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics study showed that the total emergency department expenses for them was $1 billion, and more than $400 million for fractures specifically.

What you really care about is making sure that they are taking the risk so just create a lease addendum that gives them permission and makes them assume liability. Everyone wins and you don't feel like a jerk for taking a trampoline away from kids.
Thank you very much for this reply - I am still concerned because I believe the tenant needs to have liability insurance for this, and at the end of the day it is a huge risk.

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Thank you very much for this reply - I am still concerned because I believe the tenant needs to have liability insurance for this, and at the end of the day it is a huge risk.
Then they need to ad it to their insurance. Either way check with your insurance broker. That is what I would do. This question has been asked about above ground pools as well.

SPeever

Registered
Then they need to ad it to their insurance. Either way check with your insurance broker. That is what I would do. This question has been asked about above ground pools as well.
Yes, for sure. It seems to me that it would be too much risk regardless, and thank you.

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Yes, for sure. It seems to me that it would be too much risk regardless, and thank you.
My pleasure, sometime it helps to have someone that has no connection to help answer.

Top Bottom