Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vacation Rental Success

Susanne Young

New Forum Member
Registered
INCREASING VACATION RENTAL ROI: By attending Vacation Rental conferences, joining inner circle forum groups and staying on top of all current trends in VR, I became an industry insider. I launched my vacation rental with the primary goal to create an enhanced guest experience. The business quickly outperformed all the competition in the first year with an ROI of 9.85%. I embedded efficiencies and automation in the areas of calendar sync, pricing, and guest communication. In a seasonal rental market, a new bar was set with 90% year-round occupancy over three years, only glowing five-star reviews, no damage reports nor neighbor complaints. I believed my VR business added a viable component that would boost the property value and expand opportunities to attract out-of-town purchasers. A quick sale for a premium price, despite a cooling market, confirmed my theory. If you have any quick VR questions please feel free to ask in this forum and I will try to help, good luck with your rental!

Last edited:

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
Or as a 100% for free option use the below!

https://learnairbnb.com/wp-content/...irbnb.com-Airbnb-Home-Sharing-Report-v1.4.pdf

Change your life! Don't pay for spammy ebooks that are available for free online! Information is better because they are from professional companies who make revenue in other ways!

In all seriousness, the pdf above is a great starting point. Airbnb has great info on their site as well.

Airdna is a great resource for Airbnb intel.

Marie10617

New Forum Member
Registered
I wish I would have read Susanne's book before starting out with STR! I could have avoided costly mistakes. The book is essential for new and seasoned hosts. It is well-written and certainly worth the small investment to improve ROI and make the business an easier process. I highly recommend it!

aileen

REIN Member
I would like to read your book, Susanne. Can you tell me where to buy it?@Susanne

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 myREINspace

Susanne Young

New Forum Member
Registered
I would like to read your book, Susanne. Can you tell me where to buy it?@Susanne

Hi Aileen, Thank you for your interest, see link below! What to expect from the eBook? Here is a Google review from industry guru and property manager Terry Whyte of Anna Maria Beach Rentals in Florida "The most comprehensive vacation rental guide I have ever read and an invaluable resource". https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07VT5BR74

Last edited:

aileen

REIN Member
Thanks! @Susanne

Susanne Young

New Forum Member
Registered
After this post, I had the great pleasure of speaking at a REIN meeting in Kelowna, BC in May. The topic was a vacation rental launch project in Redlands a suburb of San Bernardino. See attached, despite the fact this is a brand new listing, it is already ranking at the top of page #1 in an Airbnb search for the area. Now, that is a success story for those owners! Many hosts panic and drop prices when the competition heats up or shoulder / low seasons roll around. The top spot properties don't have to do that, they typically book up first.

A newer version of the book mentioned above is now on Amazon with bonus VR Marketing and Website chapters. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07VT5BR74. A comment was made that free information on the internet is a smarter choice. The internet is full of VR blogs, ads, and posts that don't actually cover what the industry experts know. It took me three years of research and attending conferences before I felt ready to release this guide. I wanted to update my post with the correct and current link. If a REIN member is struggling to tackle their VR issues, including lack of bookings and leaving money on the table, it may be helpful to have a working link.

Stay tuned for my article on VR Automation and Efficiency in an upcoming CREW magazine. Until then, happy hosting!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 8.03.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 8.03.12 PM.png
    562.7 KB · Views: 49

Mikeyslyfe

New Forum Member
Registered
Considering switching a property to AirBnB...will take a look at your book, thx.

Chrisgeorge2365

New Forum Member
Registered
Hi Susanne Young, I like your idea about how you influence near by areas with your business.

Top Bottom