Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What I should do for notice of appeal on eviction order? Landlord Lawyer needed.

meggieli

Registered
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am landlord, and tried to evict tenant.

I got eviction order from toronto landlord/tenant board after hearing on Feb 22, the tenant should move out before April 01. The tenant asked for the review of the order of the board, rejected on March 03, and stated the order is final.

On March 28, I was servived with the notice of appeal in superior court the tenan will apply.

What I should do next? Can someone recommed the lardlord lawyer in Toronto? Thanks in advance.

Regards
Meggie.

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Hello Meggie,

Please contact:

Shayle Rothman

Real Estate Lawyers.ca LLP

Office: 905-477-5151

Fax: 905-477-6778

Business: [email protected]

He is based in Toronto and he is
also a REIN Member and fellow investor.

Have a fabulous day!

S

Seeley

Make sure as you go through this process that you prepare to take this tenant to small claims court. This is clearly a professional tenant that is simply stalling the eviction process in order to live rent free for as long as possible.

Assuming you properly screened and have his Social Insurance number and any employment information you should be able to collect. If you do not or the tenant is on welfare or ODSP don't bother trying to collect as the government has deemed welfare recipients as untouchable.

meggieli

Registered
Thank you, Seeley!

Yes, he is professional tenant, who just take advantage of legal process, to stay longer for free.

Now, I am difficult to find a lawyer (not a paralegal) to help me prepare for dealing with appeal of order.

If you guys know anyone who can help me this out, much appreciated!

Regards,
meggie

REQRentals

Registered
You need to bring a motion to quash the appeal generally.

David Strashin 416-482-8171 deals with the vast majority of these appeals.

Like this one.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2012/06/10/serial_bad_tenant_judge_gives_nina_willis_2_more_weeks_to_pay_up.html

Top Bottom