Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is now the time?

Nicholas3102

New Forum Member
Registered
Hello all, I am a former REIN member, in fact having joined when I was 19 and had no money! Now a partner and I are looking to buy a property to live in for a few years and then rent out. Having missed the COVID Crisis SOS conference, can anyone shed some light on what REINs analysts had to say? We are looking at single family detached homes in Guelph, with the potential of duplexing. Is now an opportunity since the bidding wars have stopped? Thanks in advance

Martin1968

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Hello all, I am a former REIN member, in fact having joined when I was 19 and had no money! Now a partner and I are looking to buy a property to live in for a few years and then rent out. Having missed the COVID Crisis SOS conference, can anyone shed some light on what REINs analysts had to say? We are looking at single family detached homes in Guelph, with the potential of duplexing. Is now an opportunity since the bidding wars have stopped? Thanks in advance

Don‘t know the GTA market well enough to comment on that specific, looking at Alberta, this could be a great year or year to follow, especially when you have long term job perspective, steady income and (some) cash.
House prices drop by the day, interest-rates are low, prop taxes have gone down, and (personal experience) rental prices are still at same level. And (sadly enough) keep an eye on judicial sales or foreclosures too. Expecting to see a fall out from the Covid crisis later this year.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
REI.un yields 9% plus 20-30% upside in stock price. Far less work too.

Thomas

Germs on elevator buttons and on public transit: so overrated. Consider Canada’s Wine Capital to live or invest in
www.riversidetownhomes.ca

Last edited:
Top Bottom