Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking to invest in Montreal but the average incomes is not so interesting.

XavierCP

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Hi REIN forum members,

I started to analyze the average incomes of different cities to find areas that have real estate investment potential.

Demographer and futurist David Baxter, the president of the Urban Futures Institute, has studied population trends and their effect on Canadian real estate markets since 1994. One of his major discoveries has been the direct correlation of income to property values. Simply put, as average incomes increase, real estate values also move upwards. Source: Campbell, Don R.. Real Estate Investing in Canada (p. 45). Wiley. Kindle Edition.

I am looking for a city or town that outperform the provincial and national market in terms of increase in average incomes.

From Statistique Québec and Statistic Canada it seems that Montreal's average income doesn't seem to increase more than the average provincial income.

Should I be looking more in the west of Canada?

Average household revenue in Quebec was $59,822 in 2015, an increase of almost nine per cent since 2005 but quite overshadowed by the 36.5-per-cent jump recorded by Saskatchewan, where average household revenue stood at $75,412 in 2015.
https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...d-income-lags-behind-rest-of-country-statscan

Does someone can find average household revenues for different cities in Quebec more recent than 2015?

For the whole province of Québec I found this table from Statistique Québec for 2017 Average household revenue in Quebec for workers between 25-64 years old.
http://www.bdso.gouv.qc.ca/disco_la...ff_tertr=2&qp_p_id_tertr=&qp_p_session=638139

5har0n

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
With a very quick search I could not find anything more current for major cities or the province of Quebec.

Realtor.ca has information for specific neighbourhoods. For example if you click on the statistics for:
“24 Rue Dubuc
Châteauguay, Quebec
MLS Number: 13442402”
It shows:
“Average Household Income
$88,303”
For the neighbourhood.

Sent from my iPad using myREINspace

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
With a very quick search I could not find anything more current for major cities or the province of Quebec.

Realtor.ca has information for specific neighbourhoods. For example if you click on the statistics for:
“24 Rue Dubuc
Châteauguay, Quebec
It shows:
$88,303”
For the neighbourhood.

Seriously, that's cool, not sure how accurate it is but very cool!!!!

XavierCP

Inspired Forum Member
Registered

“24 Rue Dubuc
Châteauguay, Quebec
It shows:
$88,303”
For the neighbourhood.

Hi Sharon9, thank you for your answer!

I am not able to find the statistics on Realtor.ca. I created a new account, searched from their Sitemap etc, no luck.
Is it possible to send me a screenshot how to access the statistics section to find for instance the Average Household Income for a specific neighbourhood?

Thank you

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi Sharon9, thank you for your answer!

I am not able to find the statistics on Realtor.ca. I created a new account, searched from their Sitemap etc, no luck.
Is it possible to send me a screenshot how to access the statistics section to find for instance the Average Household Income for a specific neighbourhood?

Thank you
1558557598515.png

5har0n

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Looks like you found it. This is how I get to it on Realtor.ca through an MLS listing.

IMG_0248.jpg
IMG_0249.jpg

XavierCP

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Than
Thank you Tina but I cannot find it. Are we talking about realtor.ca?
Can you please send me the URL of the page showed on your screenshot?

I tried to make a search operator "site:" on Google to find that page in vain.
I cannot also find it from the website.

Sorry to bother.
Thank you

XavierCP

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
For my analysis of macro economic forces, I need to find if there is an increase of household income and compare it with the provincial average.

BOTTOM LINE: As people earn and spend more money, values of real estate in that town or city will increase. Focus on towns where income and retail sales are increasing at a higher rate than the provincial average. Don. R. Campbell

Realtor.ca only gives the average household incomes for a specific date.

Top Bottom