Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

More info on the ACRE System

jgoalen

New Forum Member
Registered
Hi Everyone,
I just finished reading "Real Estate Investing in Canada, Creating Wealth With The ACRE System" and was wondering if the home study that you can buy from REIN Canada had more detailed information on the ACRE system? or does the book cover everything?

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
CMHC put together a great feasibility investment analysis. It covers everything from site selection to need & demand analysis to feasibility:

https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/inpr/afhoce/afhoce/tore/hodefashch/tore_005.cfm#CP_JUMP_153729

And it is 100% free. Don't believe the nonsense "you get what you pay for". This is a really great, robust resource. Some of it is geared towards condo construction but the need-demand analysis and financial process is great.

Hilary Kohal

Registered
Thanks Matt. I appreciate how you share your knowledge and resources with REIN members. You are very thorough and your content is valuable. It reminds me to make measured decisions based on all important facts, details, unknowns, variables and then look at that final decision and analyze it against alternative options (i.e., perhaps other asset classes, for example) available.

Thanks again.

Alvaro Sanchez

Ottawa-Gatineau Investor
Registered
I have been a member for last few years 5+, I originally got the book then the home-study kit before becoming a member. I would suggest to try to attend one of the ACRE live as guest (weekend). Also note that my real estate education is not limited to REIN as I take other courses in Canada and US.

As pointed out not all paid education is good but what I got from the ACRE live weekends is outstanding. I still go every year not only for content but to meet other people who are investors as well.

micdim

New Forum Member
Thanks for the link Matt, however it's not working? Could you please post it again

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
ACRE is not a system per se but guidelines how to buy, where to buy, where not, how to get financing and how to impeccably manage once owned.

Think of it as an incubator.

Tools are there but a poor carpenter can still mess up a project with the same tools compared to a craftsman. As such the tools matter but the skillful application of it matters even more. You also get free networking and can purchase direct mentor support if this is what you want. It also teaches how to raise money for joint ventures if you chose to go there.

But you must apply it all - in a measured or a furious pace - so attending a few ACRE events and a year or two of monthly REIN meetings is suggested until it all sinks in. Buying and then impeccably managing it is where you will learn the most. $s spent on REIN education is a great investment of applied into assets acquired but probably too high of used as mere edutainment.

Apply the skills and the toolbox, then refine, improve and systemize.

Worth the investment and the best in Canada IF you are serious about building wealth and buying a few or a few dozen or a few hundred properties (like I did in the end and still do - quite unintended from one o started over 15 years ago - hence the title of chapter 1 in my book is called " Man plans and God laughs") as the end of the journey is unknown and while up to you really only to a certain degree up to you. Everyone is different and every person is willing to share five success stories and three "opps" lessons that you can avoid as some lessons learned are costly in assets worth hundreds of thousands or often millions of dollars. Once you have done two or three deals you will get the hang of it and become more of a craftsman and will enjoy the continued learning, sharing and networking.

Enjoy the ride !

Last edited:

New Forum Member
Registered
Thanks for your insight on this topic! I was wondering if you can elaborate on the how one might attend an ACRE live as guest? There is one coming to Vancouver soon and I was hoping to attend but could not quite afford to to do so.

Regards
Paul

I have been a member for last few years 5+, I originally got the book then the home-study kit before becoming a member. I would suggest to try to attend one of the ACRE live as guest (weekend). Also note that my real estate education is not limited to REIN as I take other courses in Canada and US.

As pointed out not all paid education is good but what I got from the ACRE live weekends is outstanding. I still go every year not only for content but to meet other people who are investors as well.

jgoalen

New Forum Member
Registered
Thanks for all your input. Is there anyway I could attend a REIN meeting as a guest here in Edmonton?

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Thanks for your insight on this topic! I was wondering if you can elaborate on the how one might attend an ACRE live as guest? There is one coming to Vancouver soon and I was hoping to attend but could not quite afford to to do so.

Regards
Paul
Hello Paul,

Here is the link to our ACRE Vancouver Live event coming on November 4, 5 & 6, 2017.
To Register please click HERE.

ndesautels

Registered
Dear 23953 - You can't afford NOT to go. Do what you have to so that you can find the resources to attend the ACRE weekend.

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member

Regards
Paul
Hi Paul,
Call me at the office 604-856-2825 Extensin 1000 and I will help you with ACRE Vancouver Live 2016.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
There is one coming to Vancouver soon and I was hoping to attend but could not quite afford to to do so.

Unless you have a significant stack of cash (say $40,000+) buying real estate should be post-poned. Buying real estate takes time, knowledge AND money, lots of it, usually 20% down and on a $200,000 asset (say a townhouse) that is $40,000. Of course joining a club for fun and education at $2400/year is an option but to me that makes sense only if are serious about investing soon (say next year or 2). ACRE is a great start, and REIN provides the best training and incubation environment in Canada, but it is not a path to automatic wealth creation nor can this wealth be achieved with "no money down".

Of course some folks join a gym for the comradery without ever using the equipment. Others join a sailing club so they can suntan on the large water facing deck. As such, make sure you join the club for the right reasons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom