Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What`s behind the curtain - What due dilligence should be done before signing up for a course?

housingrental

Registered
Are they any REIN provided templates of what to look for in an educational system?

Does anyone have any suggestions on questions that need to be answered BEFORE spending money on a system?

REINteam

Registered
As with any property, it is important to do your due diligence on any system you invest in (and really any purchase you make whether that be a car or even an appliance). I can`t say REIN has any particular form for assessing an investment system, but here are some points I would personally cover if looking at a particular system:

1. Ask for references, talk with people who have taken the program and see what they got out of it, what they didn`t and if at the end of the day they would take it again - did they get value.

2. Research the subject(s)covered by the program to make sure they align with your current goals, having at least an understanding of what is taught will help you determine if the program is for you and it will give you a rudimentary knowledge of the topics going in.

3. Avoid going in with pre-conceived notions - if you already have a charge around the topic or the concepts it probably isn`t worth pursing (your time is better spent working on your current business model)

4. Determine if a guarantee is offered. REIN offers a 100% money back guarantee for all of our events and we honor it - does the program you`re interested in offer a guarantee?

5. When doing your due diligence keep in mind that you will most likely hear negative comments about any program (or car, or book, or appliance, etc) and they need to be taken at face value...people are very quick to voice disappointment as loud as possible, far fewer ever post the positive aspects.

These are a few ideas I would keep in mind when looking at any investment program. However, none of these will help if your mind has been made up from the get go. Going after anything with a closed mind is a waste of time.

Hope this helps.

OntarioInvestor

Registered
QUOTE (REINteam @ Jan 23 2010, 03:18 PM) As with any property, it is important to do your due diligence on any system you invest in (and really any purchase you make whether that be a car or even an appliance). I can`t say REIN has any particular form for assessing an investment system, but here are some points I would personally cover if looking at a particular system:

1. Ask for references, talk with people who have taken the program and see what they got out of it, what they didn`t and if at the end of the day they would take it again - did they get value.

2. Research the subject(s)covered by the program to make sure they align with your current goals, having at least an understanding of what is taught will help you determine if the program is for you and it will give you a rudimentary knowledge of the topics going in.

3. Avoid going in with pre-conceived notions - if you already have a charge around the topic or the concepts it probably isn`t worth pursing (your time is better spent working on your current business model)

4. Determine if a guarantee is offered. REIN offers a 100% money back guarantee for all of our events and we honor it - does the program you`re interested in offer a guarantee?

5. When doing your due diligence keep in mind that you will most likely hear negative comments about any program (or car, or book, or appliance, etc) and they need to be taken at face value...people are very quick to voice disappointment as loud as possible, far fewer ever post the positive aspects.

These are a few ideas I would keep in mind when looking at any investment program. However, none of these will help if your mind has been made up from the get go. Going after anything with a closed mind is a waste of time.

Hope this helps.

Although I`ve read a ton on real estate investing, I haven`t yet taken the plunge and taken a course. I`m also interested in recieving referals from people who can recommend courses they found to have great value.

As I`m sure you all remember, paying out $2000 - $4000 for a course is a significant investment when you`re just starting out. I`m sure it can be well worth it, but you want to make sure you enroll in something that gives you your money`s worth!

REINteam

Registered
Hi OntarioInvestor,

I don't know if your referring to REIN in your post or not, but if you wanted some information on membership here are two posts where users have asked "why REIN?":

http://myreinspace.com/public_forums/General_Discussion/61-1568-REIN_membership.html

http://myreinspace.com/public_forums/Real_Estate_Discussion/62-6678-why_REIN_membership_is_so_expensive.html

These will give you a feel to what members get...and what they don't. Also, if you have questions feel free to give me a call Monday at 1-888-824-7346 or email ray at reincanada.com.

Best of luck!

housingrental

Registered
This is a great starting point.
Does anyone have anything else to add?

QUOTE (REINteam @ Jan 23 2010, 03:18 PM) As with any property, it is important to do your due diligence on any system you invest in (and really any purchase you make whether that be a car or even an appliance). I can`t say REIN has any particular form for assessing an investment system, but here are some points I would personally cover if looking at a particular system:

Hope this helps.

MarkTorgerson

REIN Member
QUOTE (housingrental @ Jan 24 2010, 08:10 PM) This is a great starting point.
Does anyone have anything else to add?
Maybe we should be applying the items listed below to other courses being offered for sale by members on this forum.
Would anyone like to start?

I would definitely 2nd the point of making sure there is a money back gaurantee. Any good system should be willing to do this.

I would also really put emphasis on testimonials. Also make sure the testimonials are directly related to the product you are looking to purchase. Many testimonials will not be specific to the product you are looking to purchase but rather a cheaper related product. For example, you may read a testimonial on someone`s book when you are looking at hiring them as a mentor for a much higher price. Get testimonials from others specific to what you are buying. Don`t purchase without them.

MarkTorgerson

REIN Member
QUOTE (housingrental @ Jan 25 2010, 08:07 PM) Thank you for your thoughts Mark.

I`m curious if anyone else has anything to add?

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (KevinMatwichuk @ Jan 28 2010, 09:27 AM) CBC Market Place this Friday - Who`s getting rich off Rich Dad?

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2010/road_to...h_dad/main.html

Going to these seminars always really makes me appreciate REIN!

So what was the point?
A one minute clip that said nothing - can you elaborate?

BTW I`ve gone to the Rich Dad seminar even did the 3 day course, the course was all about upselling but the books and CDs alone were worth the price paid.

Every time I go into Subway they try to upsell me to a `meal deal` with chips and a drink. How much is the price of the chips and drink inflated above the grocery store price- incidentally steps away? at least 10x, is that any different? - I say no.
I don`t see the founder of the Subway franchise system being hounded by CBC, do you?

REIN is an ethical organization providing huge educational benefits but don`t you think anyone up on that stage has something to sell?
Of course they do, no question, the real question is do you need it and are you willing to pay the price.

KevinMatwichuk

Registered
Dude! Easy on the Red Bull this time of day! Wasn`t trying to make a point, just passing on some topic related information that I thought might be interested to some (ie. You might be interested in watching market place this Friday).

If you have been to the Rich Dad 3 day seminars I`m quite sure you can appreciate the content difference and level of professionalism between that and a REIN ACRE weekend? If you are looking for me to make a point that would be it.

Take a deep breath and have a great day!!

REIN Evangelist

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (KevinMatwichuk @ Jan 28 2010, 10:08 AM) Dude! Easy on the Red Bull this time of day! Wasn`t trying to make a point, just passing on some topic related information that I thought might be interested to some (ie. You might be interested in watching market place this Friday).

If you have been to the Rich Dad 3 day seminars I`m quite sure you can appreciate the content difference and level of professionalism between that and a REIN ACRE weekend? If you are looking for me to make a point that would be it.

Take a deep breath and have a great day!!

REIN Evangelist

Dude - I thought was a term Evangelicals in California used

Red Bull tastes like crap, I`m a black coffee guy and I brew it strong enough to stain my sink and my teeth.
Didn`t appreciate not seeing the whole interview.
I might watch market place and CBC looking out for their nanny state lemmings but... no TV (don`t miss it)
Can it be posted up here?
I`m a huge RK fan.

MONEY

Registered
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Jan 28 2010, 08:55 AM)
BTW I've gone to the Rich Dad seminar even did the 3 day course, the course was all about upselling but the books and CDs alone were worth the price paid.

Some real deals on those Books, CD's, etc on Ebay!
<

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (MONEY @ Jan 29 2010, 01:59 AM) Some real deals on those Books, CD`s, etc on Ebay!

Great, scoop them up so you can resell them - gotta be some real `MONEY` in that.

MikeMcC874

Registered
I watched the Marketplace episode last night.

It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion for the parts with Robert.

The hidden camera parts were not much better. The presenter was quite the piece of work.

Mike

AndyLuchies

Registered
I side with Ed on this, doing the 3 day Rich Dad weekend (only $500 for me AND my wife) with 12 cds of info and 3 big books, totally worth the investment..but I wouldn`t go any further in it. (Not with REIN around)
Of course, its all relative, when you have a bunch of seminar systems to chose from, you can be pickier. I didn`t spend a dime on Rich Dad after that cheap weekend because I knew REIN was a better option. If Mark Loeffler would have written his book a little sooner
, maybe I would`ve chosen the $26 investment at amazon.com EVEN over the REIN membership... so its all relative.

Most people in real estate know that a couple thousand is peanuts to spend on a system if you get a few great tips, so I`m sure most of the courses out there are a better investment than the average mutual fund,
but even still, I love to see evidence that the person presenting isn`t making a tonne off the presentations. Thats why I love REIN. They do it because they enjoy it. Don`s book royalties go to charity, how could you doubt a guy who clearly is PAYING (in time/energy/money) to talk with us!

I`m sure all the people out there who are selling their systems for $5000 - $50,000 are offering an incredible ROI for what you pay....and I will attend the vast majority of them eventually, but I still like to see presenters that just do it to give back.
(my $0.02)
One day, I plan on being a guy at the front of the room, and my plan is for all entry fees to go to charity. Way to pave the way Don!!

ps. Some of us still use the term "Dude" religiously.... a bold remnant of those who refuse to be swayed by current pop culture.

Top Bottom